help me upgrade

steinrf

Yes that particular model Turbo2 is the one that can be upgraded and not the one you have.Another model MOBO is the KT3 Ultra which is all set right out of the box for an XP 2200+.The cost is only $79.00.Here is the link to buy.GO

well you have to move a jumper on it for the ddr333 ram. if you have slower ddr ram then you can just set it all up out tha box :)

the thing is stienrf, if you buy a new motherboard that will support your intended athlon 2200XP, you will need to buy some new ram. i bought 512mb crucial ddr 2700, cost me £148!!!!

there are a few boards out there that will run both ddr and sdram, and support newer cpu speeds, but im not sure if theres one out there that will run a 2200 and sdram. again, your ram would be choking your cpu speed because of the slower bus speed.

You guys didnt mention any of the Asus boards, I used the A7V333 so far have had no problems with it.

I also purchased some high speed DDR memory for it made by Corsair XMS3200 from Overclockers.co.uk it cost me £134 for 512k per stick which is a good price.

Just a suggestion you might wanna look into.

Thanks,

HM

I dont see the point of buying a faster cpu, if your going to run it on a board that will only utilize 75% of its full potential. Its either get a mobo that supports this cpu upgrade or stick with your current board and get the best cpu for it. Running a 2200+ at only 200 FSB is just going to be a waste :)