SAV 9 - Symantec AntiVirus 9.0

prathapml

Any takers for an article on how to integrate LiveUpdate 2.5 into SAV9 ? :)

You could probably extract the new lusetup.exe and dump all its extracted files into \CommonAppData\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuMMInst. But I think I would prefer the silent install option.

help me!

Download Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 9???

Please don't ask for warez, nor for help about it - we don't need this useful thread to be closed for moderation.....

@Aaron

Thanks for idea - I'll try it and post back whether it works. :)

Any takers for an article on how to integrate LiveUpdate 2.5 into SAV9 ? :)

You could probably extract the new lusetup.exe and dump all its extracted files into \CommonAppData\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuMMInst. But I think I would prefer the silent install option.

Nope that doesn't work. The liveupdate files have to be integrated at the .msi level. I tried eveythig possible but kept getting errors when I overworte the existing files in that directory. the .msi files contains the hash and the original file versions for the existing liveupdate files in the directory. These hashes and file versions will have to be updated if we replace the files in the LuMMInst directory.

I'm thinking about extracting lusetup.exe and replace all of files in "SAV\CommonAppData\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuMMInst" has anyone tired this?

EDIT still waiting for prathapml on this one.

big poppa pump has confirmed it doesn't work

Eventually I hope someone figures out something. I have not yet given up. I am still trying to fool the MSI to accept the files, but I think the problem lies with the checksum values of the original values. However till that time I think the best option is to use /Q option.

Your "Ego Trip" will cost you a mistake... just kidding. Well i'll have to give it a shot, and I'll post back my result.

Yes it DID!!

The only reason that SAV installed on your system was because you had LU 2.5 already installed on your system before you installed SAV 9. Try uninstalling LU 2.5, reboot your machine and then install SAV 9 from scratch.

You are in for a big surprise!!!

If in doubt read this file in the LU folder - LuResult.txt

This version of LiveUpdate was not installed because you already have the same version of LiveUpdate installed on your machine.

**END OF DRUM ROLL***

I guess no rebuttal from him? look like he had to swallow his pride, and his ego trip cost him a mistake.

Here's words of advice, 1.) do more of excessive testing, and ask for beta tester before you can offically announce you've found a working solution 2.) read the thread closely see what've been already tried.

@Diabolical82

Well, thanks for those words of advice, but please don't post words which might dis-courage anybody from posting solutions. Its always nice to see ideas coming up - and the ideas which didn't work at first will be worked upon by the others to make it work.

Oh well, that's what a community sharing knowledge is all about - a breeding ground for new ideas, and encouragement from others. :yes: