SAV 9 CE Needs patch to work with WXP SP2

`Felix`

G'day all,

In case you don't know, Symantec Antivirus (SAV) 9.x Corporate Edition (CE) requires a patch to work correctly with Windows XP SP2. :) I am presently looking into how to slipstream the update into the application for installation.

Update available here SAVCE_9.0.0.1400_AllWin_EN.zip (3,142,735 bytes)

If anyway knows how to do this, please let me know to save some time :rolleyes:

G'day all,

In case you don't know, Symantec Antivirus (SAV) 9.x Corporate Edition (CE) requires a patch to work correctly with Windows XP SP2.  :)  I am presently looking into how to slipstream the update into the application for installation.

Update available here SAVCE_9.0.0.1400_AllWin_EN.zip (3,142,735 bytes)

If anyway knows how to do this, please let me know to save some time  :rolleyes:

As I'm using that too, I'll try to find it out. (however Dutch SP2 will be released somewhere in September or so...)

As I'm using that too, I'll try to find it out. (however Dutch SP2 will be released somewhere in September or so...)

On XP client? and does it get its updates via the web?

I tought that was a server version and can't be installed on a standalone client XP

strange...but interessting

Well, it can be installed on stand-alone XP machines too :).

Also, Aaron shows in the offcial guide about how to slip-stream office2003 updates. Use the same method.

Slipstream SAV9 Update

1. Run a setup.exe /A (admin install point)

2. extract "SAVCE_9.0.0.1400_AllWin_EN .msp" from that .zip and place it into the SAV9 admin/server-image install dir.

3. Open a command-prompt into that directory, and use the following command:

msiexec /p "SAVCE_9.0.0.1400_AllWin_EN .msp" /a "Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /QB

Hoping that helps.

Just so you know, its the same method to be used for DisKeeper-cum-updates as well.

Well, it can be installed on stand-alone XP machines too :).

Also, Aaron shows in the offcial guide about how to slip-stream office2003 updates. Use the same method.

Slipstream SAV9 Update

1.  Run a setup.exe /A (admin install point)

2.  extract "SAVCE_9.0.0.1400_AllWin_EN .msp" from that .zip and place it into the SAV9 admin/server-image install dir.

3.  Open a command-prompt into that directory, and use the following command:

msiexec /p "SAVCE_9.0.0.1400_AllWin_EN .msp" /a "Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /QB

Hoping that helps.

Just so you know, its the same method to be used for DisKeeper-cum-updates as well.

hi there - thanks for the information and under normal circumstances this would work, however in this case the update asked for the network install path or the path to Symantec AntiVirus.msi during it's installation. if you attempt to install as discussed here (given it is 100% correct in normal situations) it will not work.

I have searched the Symantec site and found nothing there to resolve this issue.

anyone know where we can find this:  SAV build 9.0.1.1000

1. Direct license orders from Symantec - will ship it to you.

2. We'd rather not discuss sources from where you get software illegally.

Those are the 2 places where you can find it. :)

If you already have the previous build, its still not a problem - just slipstream the latest update "SAVCE_9.0.0.1400" into your install source as this thread says.