oemlogo

Hi, I'm following the unattended guide from msfn.org. Everything work. Now, I want to know how to include transparency into the bmp for the oemlogo... Is it the pink color that make it transparent or it's real transparent (like the one of photoshop)? If it's real one, how do I save that transparancy in bmp? (at my last knowledge, bmp doesn't support transparency...)

it is said that if you create a 256 colors bmp, the first pixel (top left pixel) it's your transparency color but i haven't test it yet. why you don't use the standart color in explorer, it will look "like transparent".

there is a transparent one... looks like I'll have to check in my old stuff... I used to mod all windows interface and find out that the winlogo in the start menu use a bmp with an alpha channel wich cause transparency (and not the magenta color). This was a 32-bits bmp with alpha... I remember that it was needed to do something special in photoshop to create this type of bmp... I'm sure it's using the samething because I remember that in the past I used the magenta color as a test for transparency and wasn't working

I assume you speak of this one?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=8385

But i have no idea what controls the transperancy. and I'm only seen it for hte Windows XP thing in the upperleft

No I'm not talking 'bout this... I said it was the OEMLOGO stated in the unattended guide of msfn.org... The one in system properties... I never stated the windows setup

Just set your bg color to 192 192 192 this works.  i have tested it on many color themes and it has no problems.  :)

Felix

i use this :D

Does it works for you???

I tryed with paint but doesn't work... :rolleyes:

To make a transparent bitmap you must make sure that the bitmap has been converted to Indexed 256 colour. 24bit Bitmaps will not make a transparent image. Make sure that pixel (0,0) in the top left most part of the picture has the colour you want to be transparent.

If you have a background colour that you do not want to be transparent put another colour at pixel (0,0), preferably 1 that doesn't appear in the rest of the image. Some image editors allow you to add a colour to the palette if needed.

In some cases setting colour 0 in the colour index also can help.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...nsparent+bitmap

I assume you speak of this one?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=8385

But i have no idea what controls the transperancy. and I'm only seen it for hte Windows XP thing in the upperleft

No I'm not talking 'bout this... I said it was the OEMLOGO stated in the unattended guide of msfn.org... The one in system properties... I never stated the windows setup

my bad. Guess i misunderstood. Alot of people get them mixed up, thought you might have. sorry.