K-lite codec pack how to install it?

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem on my virtual PC via VMware (4.5.1b7568 + 4.5.2b8848)

> C:\WINNT\System32\QTPlugin.ocx

> Unable to register the DLL/OCX : division by zero.

> [Cancel / Retry / Ignore]

The problem will not appear when the SGVA II Driver from the VMware Tools is installed.

Hope that will not arrive on a none-emulate PC.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to get the component list because you can't get it on the site if you don't register...

Wininstall makes a .msi install file of another installation.

@Mosselman or @anyone

Do you think installrite could do the trick?(just to know..)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heres the link K-Lite Silent

and heres how I install k-lite

REG ADD %KEY%\031 /VE /D "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack v1.20" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\031 /V 1 /D "%DVD%\Install\K-Lite\klmcodec120.exe /LOADINF=%DVD%\Install\K-Lite\klmcodec.inf /VERYSILENT /NOICONS /SP-" /f

Hope this helps.

Here is my install.inf

[Setup]
Lang=en
Dir=C:\Programfiler\K-Lite Codec Pack
Group=K-Lite Codec Pack
NoIcons=1
Components=video,video\divx,video\divx\dec,video\divx\enc,video\xvid,video\xvid\dec,video\xvid\enc,video\3ivx,video\3ivx\dec,video\3ivx\enc,video\wmv9vcm,video\vp3,video\vp6,video\vp6\dec,video\vp6\enc,video\indeo,video\indeo\5,video\indeo\4,video\indeo\32,video\i263,video\huffyuv,video\msmpeg4,video\divxmpeg4,audio,audio\mp3,audio\wma,audio\ac3,audio\ac3\boostvolume,audio\ac3acm,audio\vorbis,audio\aac,audio\3ivx,audio\3ivx\dec,audio\3ivx\enc,audio\nero,audio\musepack,audio\voxware,audio\ape,audio\divxwma,audio\mp3lame,filters,filters\oggvorbis,filters\matroska,filters\matroska\splitter,filters\matroska\muxer,filters\vsfilter,filters\matrixmixer,filters\shoutcast,filters\mmswitch,filters\divxaf

This probably works fine, however what if I'm installing win on a different drive than C:\? Can i drop the Dir= part? Now let's say the unattend DVD I have is installing on D:\ ALL other on my DVD will adapt and work fine on any drive, although this file will mess up and install on C:\. Any solution?

• 8 months later...
[quote name='BoardBabe' post='287017' date='Mar 12 2005, 02:37 PM']Here is my install.inf

[quote][Setup]
Lang=en
Dir=C:\Programfiler\K-Lite Codec Pack
Group=K-Lite Codec Pack
NoIcons=1
Components= *Snipped*[/quote]

This probably works fine, however what if I'm installing win on a different drive than C:\? Can i drop the Dir= part? Now let's say the unattend DVD I have is installing on D:\ ALL other on my DVD will adapt and work fine on any drive, although this file will mess up and install on C:\. Any solution?
[/quote]
a bit late, but next time use the variable %ProgramFiles%\klitecodecpack instead of the C:\program files\klitecodecpack Edited by SolidasRock