Hi....need Help

mukeshnuna

#Sourcepath# is a variable that is specific to Xplode, and as such can only be used in your Xplode xml file or with switches related to Xplode i.e

/xml:#Sourcedrive#\drivers\another.xml

and I suggested using #SOURCEDRIVE# instead of #SOURCEPATH#

I just think it is better to use #SOURCEDRIVE# to be certain of getting the correct value.

If you want to run it from CD you should add this line to your xplode.cmd file

for %%i in (D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\win51ip.SP1 set CDROM=%%i

this will scan all the drives and look for the win51ip.SP1 file, or any file you specify and if it finds it, it will set the %CDROM% variable to the drive letter, you then use this in your xplode.cmd to point to your Xplode.exe file

or you can put XPlode.exe in $OEM$\$$\system32 and call the .xml's from CD via #SOURCEDRIVE#\...
Yep that is similar to the method I employ, but mukeshnuna seems adamant that he doesn't want to copy anyfiles to the HD.

so according to my situations of file.....i just have to add xplode.exe file to system32 directory...right??

Or anything else I would have to do..!

and yes killerbee, i do not want any files to copy onto my hard drive.

for %%i in (D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\win51ip.SP1 set CDROM=%%i

And where do I add these lines in xplode.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
%SOURCEPATH%\Xplode\XPlode.exe /log:"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\xplode.log"
exit

whereabout should i add it?

cmdow @ /HID
%CDROM%\Xplode\XPlode.exe /log:"#SYSTEMDRIVE#\xplode.log"

#SOURCEPATH# and #SOURCEDRIVE# can only be used in your xml file or as switches following xplode.exe.

The above code expects to find win51ip.SP1 and the xplode directory on the root of the cd, and in the batch file the "for %%i" part should all be on one line.

hi,

the simplest method of calling XPlode from CD is to put the .exe and the plugins to $OEM$\$$\system32 so it's in the path and you can call it to execute the .xml and apps/hotfixes/whatever from CD. When you call XPlode it generates #Sourcedrive# which can than be used to specify the path to the xml on the CD.

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

hi,

this is my login-part:

<item display='Users and Autologon'>
 <adduser username='Bee' password='blabla' groups='Administrators'/>
 <registry display='adding AutoLogon to Registry...' method='write'>

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
 "DefaultUserName"="Bee"
 "DefaultPassword"="blabla"
 "AutoAdminLogon"="1"
 </registry>
 <execute display='Turning off password expiration' program='net.exe' arguments='accounts /maxpwage:unlimited'></execute>
 </item>

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

hi,

i've ported nearly everything i need in an unattended installation to XPlode. I do not call any other program from windows-setup than XPlode, that does nearly everything for me.

If it could parse variables in reg-entires it would be perfect. Like using #SYSTEMDRIVE#\Temp in a special section that would get parsed before merging to the registry. If you could implement that in a future version would make this app perfect for any use while a unattended installation. Even a updated v1-version of xplode would be far more than ok for us. I have much more registry-keys in my xml's that i want to have drive-indipendant, like many game- or program-registry keys that atm. only apply correctly when it gets installed to C:\

BTW: I don't call scripts, batches or other "helper-stuff" out of XPlode, i ONLY use XPlode to make it all work perfectly. I even call XPlode in svcpack.inf to install the hotfixes for me...

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

Maybe i should post some of the more uncommon ways i use XPlode...