jobs abroad

FthrJACK

does anyone know a good place to find jobs in California or Florida? all the jobs on the net i turn up in those areas are

mcdonalds (no f' way)

wallmart (again no f' way)

Games programmer/developer/publisher, now i wish i could do the last one but i dont have the minimum 1 degree in something like C++ and other high level qualifications they want. you need more schooling than a doctor to be a games developer :)

any ideas?

does anyone know a good place to find jobs in California or Florida? all the jobs on the net i turn up in those areas are

mcdonalds (no f' way)

wallmart (again no f' way)

Games programmer/developer/publisher, now i wish i could do the last one but i dont have the minimum 1 degree in something like C++ and other high level qualifications they want. you need more schooling than a doctor to be a games developer  :)

any ideas?

First off dude, I would suggest staying away from those two states. There highly over populated and mainly for retiered people. California is over populated with illegal immergrants and drugs and s*** loads of gangs. Not to meantion the air polution. Id suggest more north ward from flordia if you wanted to stay on the east coast of USA.

-XPerties

some where with good weather, not a million miles from a beach would be good, if theres a beach within 100 miles thats good.

i know florida is full of old people... look at Tha_Filer lol :D

nyc id love to visit but the weather isnt much beter than here.. infact its almost identical (almost level on the map with each other)

so i wouldnt want to visit.. and too busy! id go mad with that many people walking infront of me in stores and walking down the street and just stopping dead infront of you for no reason, its bad enough in my town never mind one of the busiest places on earth i would end up doing a hanibal lecter on some moron.

i need vitamin E dammit :)

id move to someplace like vancouver but thats too quiet and full of bears and stuff. i want some form of night life and actual people around, but not busy hectic / stress.

and no do not even bloody suggest Utah..... :rolleyes:

i need out of england, its getting me down, maybe its in the genes or something, but im bored of this rock for now. nothing happens unless you live in london, and london sucks, its full of noise etc and people like TIM not nice and very dim posh git

Well Jack:

If you are stuck on SoCal - then stay away from LALA and see what is up down south. They don't call it San Degrade-o for nuthin. If you can live without a beach, but really like the old SOL -- check out Arizona or New Mexico. Not much hitek there except around Pheonix. I would suggest my hometown - Houston TX - for near a beach (although a fairly crappy one) and lots of sun etc and hitek -- but now that Compaq is HP and layoffs abound - it is a bit tight job-wise. If you can afford to move without a 'permanent' job - there are LOTS of hitek jobs for contractors (temporary employees) There used to be an outfit here called Computer Technology Search that did a pretty good job of finding contract positions......

LS

LS_Dragons has a point. Houston is a great area. I wouldnt live in the main part of the city but around it. And yes the beach sucks a**, but galveston is a nice place to visit.

-Xperties

"Houston we have aproblem... the beach sucks a**" yeah houston sounds ok, i know it has a good tech industry. im going to leave this idea till i have improved my savings, while looking for a job i decided to not bother making someone else money and ill make money for myself, so im going to get busy over the next coming month setting my own business up.

Audi TT ... soon you will be mine pretty car...