The Cookie Caper....true story!!!!

XPerties

Okay everyone ....a true story of justice in the good old U.S of A. Thought you all might enjoy this. If nothin else, it shows internet justice. If it can be called that. For those outside the USA Neiman-Marcus is a hugh chain of department stores....here we go.......

My Daughter and I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe` in Dallas Texas when we decided to have a small desert. Because we are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus Cookie." It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe. With a small frown from the waitress said "Im afraid not". "Well", I said, "Would you let me buy the recipe?" With a cute smile, she said "Yes." I asked how much and she responded, "Two-Fifty." I said with approval, "Just add it to my tab."

Thrity Days later, I recived my VISA statement from Neiman-Marcus and it was $285.00. I looked again and I remembered that I only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottum of the statment. it read, "Cookie Recipe- $250.00." Boy, was I upset!! I called Neiman's accounting department and told themthat the waitress said the recipe was "Two-fifty," and I did not relize that she meant $250.00 for a cookie recipe. I asked them to take back the recipe and reduce my bill. They said that they were sorry, but the bill would stand.

I waited, thinking of how I could get even or get any of my money back. I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250.00 and now Im going to have $250.00 worth of fun." I told her that I was going to see that every cookie lover would have a $250.00 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus for nothing. She replied, "I wish you wouldnt do this." I said, "Im sorry, but this is the only way that I feel I can get even, " and I will...

So here it is, and please pass it to someone else. I paid for it; Now you can have it for free.

2 Cups butter, 4 cups flour, 2 tsp. Soda, 2 cups of sugar, 5 cups of Oatmeal (blended), 24oz Chocolate chips, 2 tsp. Vanilla, 2 cups brown sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 1 8 ounce Hershey bar (grated), 4 eggs, 2tsp. baking powder, and 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chcolate chips, hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies

------------------------------------------------------

Thought you guys might like this. Michele brought it home from a e-mail. True story.

-Xperties

That's an Urban Legend. Can't believe you guys haven't seen that before. I must've gotten that 20 times by now. :)

Also notice that the person wants you to send it along to other people. I'm sure we've all received chain letters before :rolleyes:

/me agrees with sedative.

i doubt a waitress could say yes u can buy the recipe with out consulting her boss who would have to consult who ever actually owns the store/chain.

its sounds as fake as walking in to mc donalds and saying can i buy the big mac recipe.

:)

well save yourself the walk into Mc's

BIG MAC™ Special Sauce

Ingredients:

1/4 cup KRAFT Miracle Whip

1/4 cup mayonnaise

2 Tablespoons,heaping, WISHBONE deluxe french salad dressing (the orange stuff)

1/2 Tablespoon HEINZ sweet relish

2 teaspooons, heaping, VLASIC dill pickle relish (Heinz dill relish also works)

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon dried, minced onion

1 teaspoon white vinegar

1 teaspoon ketchup

1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix everything very well in a small container. There better be no streaks! Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again. Cover, and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour before using.( to allow all of

the flavors to "meld". ) Makes nearly 1 cup...enough for about 8 Big Macs™.

Cooking your BIG MAC™

INGREDIENTS:

(this is a per sandwich recipe)

1 -regular sized sesame seed bun

1 -regular sized plain bun

2 -previously frozen regular beef patties

2 -tablespoons Big Mac sauce

2 -teaspoons reconstituted onions

1 -slice real American cheese

2 -hamburger pickle slices

1/4 Cup -shredded iceberg lettuce

COOKING:

Discard the crown half of the regular bun, retaining the heel. The cooking method for the Big Mac™ is basically the same as the regular burgers, only the bun toasting method is slightly

different. In the Big Mac's case you toast the bottom (heel) first. Do this along with the extra heel. (this will be your middle bun.)

Cook the two-all-beef-patties just like the regular burgers. After the bun parts are toasted, put 1 tablespoon of "Mac sauce" on each of the heels.(toasted side.) Then add 1/8 cup

shredded lettuce to each.On the true bottom bun, place one thin slice of American cheese on top of the lettuce. On the extra "heel", the middle bun, place two pickle slices on top of the

lettuce. Toast the "crown" (top) of the bun also. When the meat patties are done, place them one at a time on both prepared buns. Stack the middle bun on top of the bottom bun, and put

the crown on top.

For proper "aging", or "Q-ing", ...wrap the finished Big Mac® in a 12"x18" sheet of waxed paper as follows:

1...Center the burger, right side up, on the waxed paper. Fold the "long" ends of the paper up over the top. (It will resemble a tube with the burger in the center.)

2...Fold the two remaining ends underneath. Wrap snug, but don't squish it like the regular burgers.

3...Let sit 5-8 minutes, allowing the flavors to "meld".

4...Microwave, still wrapped, 15 seconds on high.

....Enjoy an AWESOME Big Mac® Sandwich!