ref.chm for Windows XP SP2

See "Changes in Answer Files" in ref.chm for a list of changes. They haven't documented [DisableSecurityCenterAlerts], even though they mentioned it in a presentation on the OEM site.

This shouldn't be considered the final copy of ref.chm for SP2 while its in RC2 status, so it may be subject to further changes until SP2 goes gold.

Download

Does anyone else get a script error if you rename the opk file? I renamed opk.chm to XPSP2_RC2_opk.chm, and now when i open it i get a script error. If i rename the file back i don't get any errors. I've redownloaded the file a couple times with the same result. Stupid sp2.

Thanks Aaron!

-gosh

The OPK.chm (and ref.chm for that matter) Aaron posted above are identical to those included in the official SP2 RC2 OPK (build 2149). One additional file is included on the OPK cd, namely winpe.chm. This file, if present in the same directory as OPK.chm, will show up as another reference "book" in the TOC just like "Reference" does if you have ref.chm present.

Winpe.chm details Windows PE 2004, new for Windows XP SP2. We'll have a much better chance of obtaining this file when SP2 ships.