WinXP SP2 Integrated and Install

XL-DJK

Well, I reburned a integrated CD, and the same deal, I wonder if I'd run into the same problem if I integrated SP2 into a Original XP COpy w/o SP1......hmmmmmmm :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
*wonders if it could happen if Windoze was using the Linux Kernel* Then again, M$ would never do such a thing.

:whistle::whistle::rolleyes::sneaky: ROFLMAO

Anyhow, You said you slipstreamed XP w/SP-1, did you try it w/o the SP? From what I have read, your not supposed to use a SP-1 disk when slipstreaming SP-2 that it causes all kinds of problems. Also, if your using a slipstreamer, that too could be the problem. Try doing it from the instructions from Windows website, then use the slipstreamer program from that point on. Also, there has been some changes to the Unattended file, you may want to have a look at the new ref.chm file to find out if there is something in it that you are doing wrong. You'll have to get that from somewhere else, or the M$ site and grab the entire SP2 Deploy.cab and get it from that, as I am unable to post it in this due to size restrictions. (907KB) Though I have it, if anyone want's to host it, I'll happily send it to them.

*Edit1*

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Deployment Tools

*Edit2*

Guide for Installing and Deploying Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2