Localized Hotfix Lists

GreenMachine

Thanks once again, Virindi.

Believe me, I understand ... It is neither a particulary fun, nor rewarding job ... more than 10 different OS versions, more than a dozen languages ... GreenMachine gets the glory, you get the dirty work ...

Come on folks, help a poor guy out here! For those that have not yet created a list for their non-included OS, get of your lazy butts! Those that have a correction to make, perhaps you could actualy update the TXT file, and post it. That way it is just replacing a file for Virindi, as oposed to editing it.

Concerning SWFLASH: it seems the installer has once again been updated, yet the FLASH version itself has not changed. Much ado about nothing ... Thanks, Macomedia ...

Thanks, frankiboy_01, that compliation was most helpfull. That gives me most, but I am still missing some pieces for Japanese, Korean, Chineese Simplified, Traditional and Taiwan, Arabic and Hebrew. Some of those in the list were simply listed as English. Strange ...

Thanks to you as well, Ice M., and welcome to MSFN!

In fact, I need both the more standard 3 letter code, as well as the 2, sometimes 5, lettter code. (FR, or EN-US. Gotta love them standards ... )

For all that are willing to help, I attach a small utility that will help build the Hotfix Download List from the files on your PC. To use it you must:

• Extract the files MAKELIST.CMD and MD5.EXE to the directory whre XPCREATE is installed.
  • Download the failsafe list of hotfixes for your locale.
  • Run MAKELIST.CMD
  • Edit the resulting XPCTHLST.TXT file, replacing the DOWNLOADLINKHERE text with the correct link to each file.
  • Post your file in this thread, or send the file to Virindi for inclusoin on the Web Site.
  • Test, test, and test again ...

GM, I would like to help with Korean Windows XP but not sure where I can download "failsafe list of hotfixes" for Korean WinXP...

Thanks.

Thanks, tdat, and welcome to MSFN!

I do not have the exact list for Korean, but you can get the KB numbers from the English List (on Web Site), search for the Korean versions using Windows Update Catalog, and using either Windows Update or WIndows Update Catelog download the files, and find the URLs in the Windows UPdate.log file in the Windows directory.

You then put the updates in the SVC-* directories, XPCREATE, install, and verify using Windows Update until you have all updates installed, except 817778 and the new DXPlay update (forgot the number ... ), until you have it as good as you can. Finally, follow the instructions above to create the list.

All help is appreciated, and even a partial list is a step in the right direction.

Thanks again, and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to GreenMachine and users in this thread,

I recently made the "XPCTHLST.TXT" for the localized version of the Windows XP Pro. and tried the "XPCREATE.CMD" after "Virindi" has said that he has added it to the server. (Other Japanese Thread inside MSFN.org)But somehow it still doesn't work! Is there something that I've done wrong inside that thing that I localized? or is there something that you can "fix" inorder for the XPCREATE.CMD to work?

If you need any Jap. lang. help, I'll do the translations so please have it to work please.

Attached is the log file created when the XPCREATE.CMD stopped after just copying from the CD to HDD. And also, for the localized Japanese ver. of "XPCTHLST.txt", I left one MD5 checksum for a file so I fixed it.

For the Q815062, there's only an English download for it so I guess the MS staff didn't localize it, so inside the "XPCTHLST.txt", the download link is still directed to the English one.

XPCREATE.zip

Changes needed for the Japanese localization to work.

I. For the Japanese localization to work and not stop after the CD to HDD copy process.

1. Change the parameter inside the XPCREATE.CMD, line 563 through 589.

2. Change the line where it says,

IF /I "%TESTLANG%"=="XXXXXX" SET WINLANG=JAP& GOTO GOTLANG

to

IF /I "%TESTLANG%"=="Japanese" SET WINLANG=JAP& GOTO GOTLANG

Notice the change where the XXXXXX changes to Japanese.

3. If this still doesn't work, delete lines 563 throught 589 but leave the changed line

IF /I "%TESTLANG%"=="Japanese" SET WINLANG=JAP& GOTO GOTLANG

in place. I guess this will work for other languages of Windows XP where the language is not set correctly and stated as XXXXXX.

II. Error inside the Japanese “XPCTHLST.TXT” list to be changed.

1. The "XPCTHLST.TXT" for the JAP(Japanese) version has an error on the MD5 checksum so please update it please.

2. Place needed for change

ADD SVC-HF1\Q327979_WXP_SP2_x86_JPN.exe http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...SP2_x86_JPN.exe

9553f337010c9233f19b71c8b3891ef2

to

ADD SVC-HF1\Q327979_WXP_SP2_x86_JPN.exe http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...SP2_x86_JPN.exe

B4CDE15AE902AE55B0566D30E4431949

III. Error inside the XPCREATE process.

1. The entire process of the XPCREATE.CMD process goes on without an error except for one place.

2. The error that is displayed is an help dialog box for the “WindowsMedia9-KB837272-x86-JPN.exe”.

3. When I first created the Japanese “XPCTHLST.TXT”, I used the English version as the template so the DL file might be different from the English one.

Well, for now, that's all I can contribute since I cannot update the server and I’ll comment it after I burn and install the created “XPCREATE.ISO” on some system later.

Also, attached is the "XPCREATE.ENG.LOG" and "XPCREATE.JPN.LOG" log file and SVCPACK.INF. The original was in Japanese so I translated it to English lang.. I hope this helps for debugging or for something GM!

XPCREATE.LOG.zip

Hello to GM and fellow forum viewers!

I burned and tried to install the XPC CD but at the GUI t-39 point of the installation, it returned too many erros and at last refused to install.

What could possibly go wrong? Is it due to the problem that it is in WinXP Pro is in Japanese?

Well, some of the errors that it returned was,

DialogTitle : winlogon.exe - Cannot find entry point.

DialogMsg : Procedure entry point AssocIsDangerous could not be found from the dinamic link library SHLWAPI.dll.

Another came the same dialog for imepadsv.exe.

Another was,

DialogTitle : RUNDLL

DialogMsg : Read error for shell32. Cannot find the procedure needed.

... a few more comes in here.

And the last and final was.

DialogTitle : Critical Error

DialogMsg : Could not initialize the network install componet. Native error code is 2.

And after this, an error log comes up and I just have to see the computer reboot it self again to see the same problem over and over again.

I hope I can get the English version of WinXP so that everything will go perfect w/out any problems. And also patches for the English version come out quicker than any other langs. too.

Winlogon.exe. Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point AssocIsDangerous could not be found in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.DLL.

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBP/tip7600/rh7628.htm

It is an interesting link and suggests incorrect versions of files being used, for whatever reason.

As a test, did you slipstream service pack 1 into your source before running XPCreate? See if the problems continue. I have no way of getting a japanese version of XP Pro, so I cannot test various things here.

Guest zippy

XPCTHLST.TXT for Windows XP Professional Traditional Chinese - Taiwan

swflash.cab took from others' post.

some files does not have CHT version, use ENU version instead:

Q810243

HighMAT CD Burning Update

Baseline Security Analyser

.NET Framework needs to install ENU version dotnetfx.exe, then apply CHT version langpack.exe

the XP SP1a update for Hong Kong is different from that for Taiwan, tho they both CHT version.

XPCTHLST_CHT_TW.TXT