Japanese XP Home

gravity

hi gm and every one

i just found this great tool (like evebody says !) and trying it out

but some how i can't get it to work

xpc copies from cd to hdd but that's about it

could some one give me a hand if it's not too much ? ...

*source - japanese xp home

arigato

Hi Gravity,

The problem is - we do not have a download list for Japanese yet :)

I cannot read Japanese, and I don't think GreenMachine can either. Since each language version has different update files, we do not have the correct filenames / download locations for them yet.

We need a person or two to volunteer to create the list for each language, so that everyone can benefit. However, since most people have been very quiet, we only have roughly 5 languages covered right now. :rolleyes:

By the way, I want to say thank you to all of you who have created download lists for various languages. Although English is the most downloaded version, there is still a nice percentage of people trying to download updates for others.

Welcome, gravity, to MSFN!

Virindi is correct again: we have no Japanese Hotfix List, and my Japanese is ... non-existant. There are instuctions in this forum on how to create the list, and mail it in for inclusion.

And, as usual, error reporting without the LOGFILES.CAB does not give me enough information.

thanks for the replies guys!

and sorry about not getting back for a while

well right now i am putting the list (fail safe) together

hopefully put the list together either this weekend or early next week

thanks for the support

:) Hello out there!

I'm currently using Mr. GreenMachine's XPCREATE. Well, not actually using it since I've fallen into the same problem as "gravity" as the XPCREATE.CMD stops after it copies the contents of the CD to the HDD.

As mentioned in this thread, GreenMachine hasn't made the Japanese download file so I made it myself using the English one as a template. The Japanese one should be attached if I did it right so if Mr. GreenMachine has time, I would like you to take a look at it as I only filled the blanks in it, and I don't know if all is right or not.

For the MD5 stuff I used the "winMd5Sum.exe" where I got it from "www.download.com".

I don't know if many people know about the XPCREATE in Japan but it's been picked up in some magazine a while back so I guess time will make it like as the program of the year! I guess.

XPCTHLST_JAP.zip