Localized Hotfix Lists

GreenMachine

My very, very small contribution… to a great project. The Spanish localized hf-list is ready for upload. This list is tested and tested thoroughly with xp pro Spanish. Congratulations GreenMachine, you made it finally. I managed to install English and Spanish with XPCreate without a problem. Last week after a long time absence to this forum I was very surprised to see the almost final version of XPCreate. ? I couldn’t resist trying it. Honest…I didn’t stop testing it till I created my two most wanted versions I guess you did not have time to sit on the beach there in France did you. Lol

Go and play golf…you deserve it.

Thanks…

Visaversa

XPCTHLST.TXT

Hi everybody,

there's a new week and new stuff for testing. I've uploaded the XPCTHLST for 2KP - German. But the download link for Q832894 is possibly wrong.

The link

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/5/6/2567a01e-cc42-4389-a34c-d6f0a2562a33/Q832894.exe

is for version 5.01 SP4. If it must be the version 6 SP1 then the it has to be

http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/f/1/0f134842-5111-4f87-a2b3-e01c8f80e5b9/Q832894.exe

MD5: 262FA212B73260BBE479787BAEA79467

Greetings

Ice M.

Hi GreenMachine,

I've just tested "2KCREATE" with the german hotfix list. Everything runs fine except that KB837272 was reported as missing by Windows-Update.

I test XPCREATE in VMware with fresh installation of XP and everything is ok. But on real machines with some other software, like Office, Corel... installed I get the following error message:

IExpress Wizard

Unable to open Report file ‚E:\xpcreate\TEMP\SVC-PRE\~dotnetfx.RPT’.

And similar messages while processing the SVC-HF2 hotfixes (I think it was HF2, must try it again). What goes wrong?

Greetings

Ice M.

We will have to look into that KB837272 hotfix. Could it be the wrong version?

Something is preventing the creation of the report (.RPT) file. Is there any anti-Virus software running? Again, trial and error will find the problem: add your software until XPCREATE displays these errors.

One last point I must stress: most of the software modification as of late has been additions to data written to the XPCREATE.LOG file, as I "live and learn" with "error reports" from the forum. The file LOGFILES.CAB has been created to make posting this log file more efficient. Please post it when reporting errors, it really takes a lot of the guess work out of my end.

Thanks, frankiboy_01, that compliation was most helpfull. That gives me most, but I am still missing some pieces for Japanese, Korean, Chineese Simplified, Traditional and Taiwan, Arabic and Hebrew. Some of those in the list were simply listed as English. Strange ...

Thanks to you as well, Ice M., and welcome to MSFN!

In fact, I need both the more standard 3 letter code, as well as the 2, sometimes 5, lettter code. (FR, or EN-US. Gotta love them standards ... )

For all that are willing to help, I attach a small utility that will help build the Hotfix Download List from the files on your PC. To use it you must:

• Extract the files MAKELIST.CMD and MD5.EXE to the directory whre XPCREATE is installed.
  • Download the failsafe list of hotfixes for your locale.
  • Run MAKELIST.CMD
  • Edit the resulting XPCTHLST.TXT file, replacing the DOWNLOADLINKHERE text with the correct link to each file.
  • Post your file in this thread, or send the file to Virindi for inclusoin on the Web Site.
  • Test, test, and test again ...

I'm going to do the Dutch version...

I was wondering: should the hotfixes be in one folder or should they be placed like XPCREATE wants them?

Thank you for this great application.

Cool! Put the files in the SVC-* directories, as XPCREATE will use them. I would suggest creating a "good" XP Installation, that shows OK on Windows Update, and then just run the utility mentioned above.

Thanks!

Cool! Put the files in the SVC-* directories, as XPCREATE will use them. I would suggest creating a "good" XP Installation, that shows OK on Windows Update, and then just run the utility mentioned above.

Thanks!

I didn't understand the last part.

Do you mean I have to do this (download hotfixes) on a clean install of XP?

Sorry ...

• Put all the files where there are supposed to be (as shown in the Current Hotfixes List)
  • Run XPCREATE and test the created Windows XP (VMWare / VPC is fine)
  • If the "test" version of XP looks good in Windows Update, you have the correct hotfixes.
  • Run the MAKELIST utility attached above in the directory you used to make the XPCREATION (your "main" PC, not the new XPCREATED PC)

OK?

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Perhaps I'll make better instructions or a package to help ... but not before the weekend.

One help is to create an installation with only XP and SP1, go to Windows Update to get the patches, and then look in Windows Update.log for the URLs.

We will have to look into that KB837272 hotfix. Could it be the wrong version?

We could try with:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/WindowsMedia9-KB837272-DEU_f965653aa48671556380e19b8135678.exe

MD5:  AC5B5A1A1179A44099FA3630F256DC62  

Ice M.