Adobe Reader 6.0.1?

Try this one, that's my switch andit should work...

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat Reader 6" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Applications\AdobeReader6\ARdr60.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\" /f

Here's what I use:

SET RUNONCEEX=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %RUNONCEEX%\001 /ve /d "Adobe Reader 6" /f

REG ADD %RUNONCEEX%\001 /v 1 /d "PATH\TO\READER\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"""-s /v\\""/qn\\""" /f

• 2 weeks later...

the first one that Boox said is correct but it should like this :

"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_sve_full.exe -p -s /v\ /qn\" /f

And not like this...:

"%systemdrive%\Applications\AdobeReader6\ARdr60.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\" /f

you simply have to remove the quotes after p and \. At least, it worked for me :)

Hope that helps! :rolleyes:

Here is what I use -

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE  /D "Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1" /fREG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Adobe601\setup.exe /s /v\"/qn REBOOT=Suppress\" " /fREG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\Software\Adobe601\AdobeReg.reg" /f

adobereg.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;Accept Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0.1 EULA[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\AdobeViewer]"EULA"=dword:00000001
;Disable Adobe Acrobat Reader Splash screen[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Originals]"bDisplayAboutDialog"=dword:00000000

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to remove the "PrintMe Internet Printing" directory on the start menu? Attached to this post is what I get during my run once when trying to delete the directory. I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything relevant. Here are the commands I have tried/am using:

ECHO ---Clean Up---

ECHO.

ECHO Removing useless shortcuts...

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Update.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Set Program Access and Defaults.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing"

ECHO.

ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files...

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing

RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing"

I know I have 3 entries in there, I have been tring several different ways, none of them work. I do manage to empty the folder but the directory is still there.

Thanks in advance.

post-80-1087257167_thumb.jpg

post-80-1087257167_thumb.jpg

DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing"

should be

RD /S /Q "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing"

Tip: %allusersprofile% is the same as %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\

regards

Does anyone know how to remove the "PrintMe Internet Printing" directory on the start menu? Attached to this post is what I get during my run once when trying to delete the directory. I have searched the forum but couldn't find anything relevant. Here are the commands I have tried/am using:

You can remove the "PrintMe" by using a transform. It is a selectable feature.

You just change it to not install, and then save as a transform.

btw...you can also all all your customizations to the same transform...

for example the EULA and Splash screen like WwTIPPYwW mentioned, can be added to the same transform.

I have a transform I created for here at work that

adds the EULA keys, disables the automatic updates, disables the stupid advertisment box, and does not install the "PrintMe" features.

If anyone is interested, I will try to dig it up and post it.

I found the transform, but mine is created for a Admin install, not the straight out download, so I tried to recreate it.

I have not tested it, so give it a try and let me know.

Again, this transform will:

1) add registry keys to disable the EULA.

2) disable the automatic updates feature.

3) disable the stupid advertisment box.

4) NOT install the "PrintMe" features (Also yanked the "PrintMe" shortcuts.)

Drop it into the same folder as the Adobe Reader install.

Also, I don't use this in a unattend, I use it in a corporate environment, so I'm not up on the unattend commandlines,

but I "think" it would be something like this:

"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p -s /v\ TRANSFORMS=CUSTOMINSTALL.MST /qn\" /f

(Personally, I use the extracted msi to install reader, I don't call it from the crappy NetOpSystems exe. But mine are force installing from a server, where space isn't an issue. :) )

CustomInstall.mst

CustomInstall.mst

I like to see a progress so I use /qb , but it can easily be changed to /qn

AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qb\""Acro-Reader_6.0.2_Update.exe -p /S /v/qn
RD /S /Q "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing"Del "%allusersprofile%\Desktop\Adobe Reader 6.0.lnk"
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\AdobeViewer\EULA=00000001" REG_DWORDREG ADD "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\6.0\Originals\bDisplayAboutDialog=00000000" REG_DWORD

You can also try the folowing:

Install acrobat_language.x.exe untill you get the wizard.

Then you click on cancel.

The will find the MSI package in you %systemroot%\cache\acrobat x folder.

Then you can use the folowing switch:

msiexec /i "S:\Acrobat\Reader6\Adobe Reader 6.0.msi" /qb-!

This will install acrobat reader silently without cancel button.....

Good Luck!

Here's my own method, which includes plugin removal to speed up the app:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /fREG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\apps\AdobeReader6\adobereader6.cmd" /f
IF EXIST D:\CDPath.txt set CDROM=D:IF EXIST E:\CDPath.txt set CDROM=E:IF EXIST F:\CDPath.txt set CDROM=F:IF EXIST G:\CDPath.txt set CDROM=G:IF EXIST H:\CDPath.txt set CDROM=H:IF EXIST I:\CDPath.txt set CDROM=I:IF EXIST J:\CDPath.txt set CDROM=J:
start /wait %CDROM%\apps\AdobeReader6\AdbeRdr60_enu_basic.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""
MD "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"
MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\*.*" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\Annotations" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\PictureTasks" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins\Printme" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK"MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\Search.api" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"MOVE "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_insBAK\EWH32.api" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\plug_ins"
RD /S /Q "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\PrintMe Internet Printing"RD /S /Q "%systemroot%\Cache\Adobe Reader 6\"DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Reader 6.0.lnk"DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Adobe Reader 6.0.lnk"
EXIT