Real Player 10 Gold

Mr. Neo

It's easy: :)

1. Download the file RealPlayer10Gold_bb.exe from real.com.

2. Create a CMD-file with the following command:

START /WAIT RealPlayer10Gold_BB.EXE -s

The setup starts silently, installs RealPlayer + components and wait until setup is complete before continuing. :D

:rolleyes:

also - to remove desktop shortcuts:

DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\Free Games & Music.url"DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\RealRhapsody Get Free Music.url"

to remove the RealScheduler:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]"TkBellExe" = -

Tkbell.exe puts itself back in the registry as soon as you run real player the first time. I had to add this to stop it from doing this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealNetworks\RealPlayer\6.0\Preferences\FirstRunPlayed]

@="1"

If you have a different version of Real Player I am pretty sure all you have to do is change the version number to whatever yours is in that key.

• 3 weeks later...

Does Real Player 10 support the creation of .iss files, via the /r switch? I tried it and it didn't work, but maybe I did it wrong... :)

Or perhaps it is like Quicktime, where you can adjust your settings via a txt file?

Side note -- I'm torn between this and the Real Alternative. I wouldn't have considered Real Player a year ago, but it seems like a cleaner program, without as much bloatware. If I go with Real Player 10, will I ever regret it? Pop-ups, bleeding of system resources, crap in my startup folder and system icon tray, anything like that? FYI -- this would be installed on all of my office machines.

I don't think it supports creation of .iss. At least not straigth from the main .exe. I tried extracting it but all it is is one big .rfx file. There has to be a setup.iss file in there somewhere though, or the -s switch would not work.

As far as using real player, as far as I know the only thing it adds to startup is the scheduling thing, the tkbell.exe. It can be easily removed with a reg key. And I don't think the system tray icon(startcenter or whatever it was) is in use anymore, at least it wasn't on mine.

@prathapml sorry i'm not sure you have understand what i want: with QT and Real alternatives it's installed the media player classic together and what i want it's add a switch to their installations to NOT install MPC. but i think i have found a solution: RD for MPC folder and DEL for MPC shortcuts :)