Installation Windows

I was wondering if anyone knows hot to create the installation windows similiar to the one used whe running RunOnceEx?

I've following the instructions pretty well up to this point but I would also like to add some of the recommended updates. I have made an entry for the recommended in the RunOnceEx file and would like to see another window open to tell me which recommened updates are being installed.

It seem that I only have to choses and that is the old DOS prompt type way or nothing at all and I want the pretty graphical one.

Can anyone help me with this.

P.S.

(Progress bars?)

Post your RunOnceEx file if you will. :)

Here is my current RunOnceEx.cmd:

cmdow @ /HID <-- ignore this if you are not using cmdow.exe utility@echo off 
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Installing Adobe Reader 6" /fREG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\AdobeReader6\AdobeReader.msi /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Installing Diskeeper 8.0" /fREG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\diskeeper\Setup.exe /s /v/qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Installing Sun Java VM 1.4.2" /fREG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SunJava\j2re-1_4_2_03-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v\"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "Installing TweakUI 2.10" /fREG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\PowerToys\TweakUI.msi /qn" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "Installing 4NT V5.00" /fREG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\4nt500\4nt500.exe /verysilent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Installing Irfanview V3.91" /fREG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\IrfanView\iview391.exe /silent /desktop=0 /group=1 /allusers=0 /assoc=0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Installing Irfanview Plugins" /fREG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\IrfanView\iviewpi.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\043 /VE /D "Installing WinZip V9.0" /fREG ADD %KEY%\043 /V 1 /D "\"%programfiles%\WinZip\winzip32.exe\" /noqp /notip /autoinstall" /fREG ADD %KEY%\043 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S \"%programfiles%\WinZip\WinZip.reg\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "Importing Tweaks" /fREG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\regtweaks.reg" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /fREG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\cleanup.cmd" /f
exit

Each Entry has a title that will be displayed in the RunOnceEx window when windows logs on the first time after installation. All the entry titles (/VE /D "Title" /F, for example) will be displayed. The one which is currently being executed will have an arrow next to it and be in bold.

This window is automatically displayed when RunOnceEx entries start executing.

Cheers,

@ralexand88

the easiest thing for you to do....would be instead of have ALL the hotfixes under ONE key, like 1, 2, 3, 4

but instead create another key for the next hotfix.

so instead of...

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation..." /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 4 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f

it would be

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation1..." /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation2..." /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f
REG ADREG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation3..." /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Preparing Installation4..." /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\prepare.cmd" /f

I think his original quetion meant: I get a progress window appear, but how do I make a seperate progress window appear for the hotfixes? I mean, I can't imagine if my hotfixes and EVERYTHING were on the one progress list, it would scroll off the screen by a long shot even at 1280x1024... can you get more than one progress list to appear on the screen?

just install the hotfixes through svcpack.inf, I mean, that's what it is there for (who cares if it takes an extra minute or two, this is supposed to be an unattended installation anyway you just go and have a smoke)

Just to add, the hotfixes are the critical updates right. If so, Im cool on those as they are installed through svrpack.

There are only 14 recommended updates that I want to install so I doubt it would go off the screen.

I think Alanoll has the best idea of what I am trying to do but still missing in a small way.