Windows XP 32/64-bit/ and W2k on Haswell and Broadwell - Discussion

Jakob99

Hi! Me and @K4sum1 have a Dell Inspiron 3542 (Mine. laptop with Haswell) and a Dell Latitude E7250 (K4sum1's. laptop with Broadwell). We both got Windows XP 64-bit installed to it, but can't get the Intel graphics to work without a BSOD. On my 3542 (Haswell), it asks me to restart, but upon restart, I get a SystemServicesException 3B BSOD, forcing me to go into Safe Mode to revert the driver back to the Standard VGA. If I'm remembering correctly, when I tried this on my Inspiron 3847 (Desktop with Haswell), I got Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, which would be a different BSOD if I'm correct. Unfortunately, I have since sold that tower.

K4sum1 thinks, and I agree, that the XP Haswell driver could work on Broadwell, since Broadwell is based upon Haswell, but when he tried it on his E7250 (Broadwell), he got the Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area BSOD. We both agree that the driver is botched, but aren't sure exactly how it is botched. If this issue could be fixed for both the 32 and 64-bit driver (both have this issue), then the Haswell driver would thus work under my 3542, then K4sum1 could then work on getting it compatible with Broadwell. If both go well, then @blackwingcat could backport it to 2000, which would give us a 2k compatible graphics driver for both Haswell and Broadwell. Is there anyone out there who could potentially fix the BSOD problems me and K4sum1 face when trying to use this driver? I'll upload screenshots of our respective BSOD's to Imgur as well. TIA for your help! https://imgur.com/gallery/windows-xp-64-bit-bsod-after-installing-haswell-graphics-driver-on-haswell-broadwell-systems-49YBBJc

Device ID for Intel Haswell HD Graphics - GT1ULT: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_06511028&REV_01

K4sum1 will post his Broadwell Graphics ID later.

Edited by Jakob99

interesting i heared problems like this severial times now 

but often it was a xp64 issue there is a relativ high chance that you might try x32 (upgraded sp3+rest) 

and see of that problem also apears on the 32 bit version 

because some did have similiar problems and using 32 bits did not have that problem 

in the next step the x64 bit version was fixed up

xp64 was getting far less upgrades, fixes and patches

64 bit operating system where not popular that time, thats why there are 7, 8.1 and 10 x32 bit versions 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, user57 said:

interesting i heared problems like this severial times now 

but often it was a xp64 issue there is a relativ high chance that you might try x32 (upgraded sp3+rest) 

and see of that problem also apears on the 32 bit version 

because some did have similiar problems and using 32 bits did not have that problem 

in the next step the x64 bit version was fixed up

xp64 was getting far less upgrades, fixes and patches

64 bit operating system where not popular that time, thats why there are 7, 8.1 and 10 x32 bit versions 

I've used the 32-bit XP on Haswell as well as its graphics driver, and I got the same thing. These BSOD's are why @blackwingcat has not ported the driver over to W2K yet. If these could be fixed for all Haswell's, and then made to work with Broadwell as well (since it is based upon Haswell), then it could then be backported to 2K, allowing for a graphics driver for 2K under Haswell and Broadwell without needing a modded AMD/Nvidia graphics card in there also.

See also this for valuable information: https://msfn.org/board/topic/170950-windows-2000-on-haswell/

Edited by Jakob99

12 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

If these could be fixed for all Haswell's, and then made to work with Broadwell as well (since it is based upon Haswell), then it could then be backported to 2K, allowing for a graphics driver for 2K under Haswell and Broadwell without needing a modded AMD/Nvidia graphics card in there also.

They can't, drop it. I tried. Even if you would, you'd still encounter severe bugs later on.

From what I 100% know, only the earliest Haswell may have a small chance.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

And which driver do you attempt to mod? Is it DriverVer=01/30/2014,6.14.10.5449?

You'd have to ask @K4sum1 for the version he is using. I wonder... Are there any dependencies in POSReady 2009 that aren't in normal XP?

11 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I wonder... Are there any dependencies in POSReady 2009 that aren't in normal XP?

They are the same, if we talk about ISOs without updates.

2 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I am reading this now! Thank you for sharing!

1 minute ago, D.Draker said:

They are the same, if we talk about ISOs without updates.

Ahh. I wasn't sure if POSReady 2009 would have a few extra dependencies added in to facilitate the the POS features. Has anyone actually installed POSReady 2009 to a consumer computer. If so, were these same BSOD's present as well?

The fella couldn't even get any of these work with much older GT2 device. Read the link I posted.

"I tried all available video drivers for Intel Haswell HD Graphics 4600 for Windows XP that can be found from google including: 6.14.10.5437 (14.51.11.5437), 6.14.10.5441 (14.56.0.5441), 6.14.10.5445 (14.56.0.5445), 6.14.10.5449 (14.56.0.5449) and all resulted in BSoD"

11 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I am reading this now! Thank you for sharing!

You're welcome, sorry I missed the fact you read it now and replied.

12 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

K4sum1 will post his Broadwell Graphics ID later.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_062D1028&REV_09

2250n6.JPG

10 hours ago, user57 said:

I did also test x86, however it was Server 2003 x86.

No BSOD, but code 10

pzfbda.JPG