Enforcing ProductSuite values during GUI Mode Setup

WS7_6608

Hi, I'm working on an experiment about converting Windows XP Professional to Windows XP Embedded. And I just discovered that there's a registry data EmbeddedNT in the ProductSuite value.

The problem is the Embedded SKU is only available in some WIM-based installation media disks. And I decided to port it to I386-based installation. But the problem is the GUI-mode setup restarts itself immediately if the EmbeddedNT data was added during text-mode setup. I tried to edit both setupreg.hiv file and hivesys.inf files. But both ways ended up with the same result. Then I decided to install that value duing GUI-mode setup. And I think it is possible, because the registry data Terminal Server is added after GUI-mode setup on Windows Server 2003 installations. But I'm not pretty sure on how to do that.

Any ideas? Thank you.

10 hours ago, George King said:

@WS7_6608

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/tool-convertnt5skus-convert-windows-nt-5-x-skus-v3-0-0-rc1.84416/

That is actually my tool and I am the example guy. I just have a different name. I registered there, so I could get more help about that.

My goal is not just EmbeddedNT; but WHServer, and other editions like Compute Server or Storage Server.