Backported/Modded AMD Radeon Driver for Windows XP x86/x64?

SFMG

Well some people get the impression that anything or everything can get ported simply because many things have. But there is no actual porting community, most efforts are the result of selfish pursuits that were released to the public. Some things get a life of their own for sure. The possibility exists for anything to be ported to anything, someone just has to do it.

I explain with very simple words. There can't be "porting" or "modding" of existing drivers, be it AMD or Nvidia, XP code (along with the code that was bearing older cards gens) was simply removed.

It's public knowledge, and this one of the reasons why you all don't see "backports".

In details, why my Vista Nvidia drivers porting is a success? Because they had to let the old code from Windows 7 still be there, and Windows 7 parts are similar to the ones of Vista, despite being of much lower quality, poorly written code parts.

Again, it's all public knowledge, anyone (even a bit knowledgeable) can check. For XP one would need to write new drivers from scratch. Period.

how you actually write your vista driver ? 

when you have the code open source we might actually can make a new driver 

you didnt say the other part so clear, did you make a vista radeon driver of a new version ? like 2024+ ?

unsurprisingly vista still has some XP code due to leftover scraps of XP items as well as Win9x code as well due to scraps of old programs left in the System32 folder, one known as Dialer, so while you are correct to an extent, you are still lacking the correct factual evidence to back your argument.

3 hours ago, SFMG said:

unsurprisingly vista still has some XP code due to leftover scraps of XP items as well as Win9x code as well due to scraps of old programs left in the System32 folder, one known as Dialer, so while you are correct to an extent, you are still lacking the correct factual evidence to back your argument.

No, I meant the code inside the divers, not the OS, I think I wrote about it pretty clear, no?

7 hours ago, user57 said:

how you actually write your vista driver ? 

I said I ported them, not wrote. And all of that because of the code leftovers. But as of now, even Windows 7 is dropped for several years, what you see today in the form of Windows 7 releases, they are just "security" driver updates based on old drivers from the year 2020 or so.

when you have the code open source we might actually can make a new driver 

This code is held secret by the companies nVIDIA and AMD, anyone can try to find the papers on them without any results,

you didnt say the other part so clear, did you make a vista radeon driver of a new version ? like 2024+ ?

Look at my account, I have 2 tutorials, but it's only for Vista and nVidia, not AMD, so it's unfortunately off-topic here.

• 2 weeks later...

well, went for Vista but funnily enough....

"They say it couldn't be done. yet someone has!"

this is the AMD Radeon RX580 8GB running natively on Windows Vista.

of course I have the Extended Kernel installed but it has nothing to do with the driver as far as I'm aware.

sadly the only driver for NT 6.x is Windows 7 but naturally I went to dig deeper and found a driver.

I don't give up easily.

and I feel satisfied that i got aero to work and games work too, of course Windows Experience Index doesn't work but eh thats not what the system is being used for is it?

Capture.JPG