Blue Screen - fltmgr.sys - Address B9D17E94 base at B9D11000, DateStamp 480251da

FranceBB

Guys, chill, I mean it, don't worry about me.

I swapped the RAM and I haven't had any bluescreen ever since, so all is well what ends well and yes, it was a problem with the RAM after all, so thanks to everyone who pointed that out.

I'm happy with the answer, we can safely close the topic. ;) 

3 hours ago, FranceBB said:

Guys, chill, I mean it, don't worry about me.

I swapped the RAM and I haven't had any bluescreen ever since, so all is well what ends well and yes, it was a problem with the RAM after all, so thanks to everyone who pointed that out.

I'm happy with the answer, we can safely close the topic. ;) 

Glad I helped you, glad you're happy, please don't hesitate to write to me if you need any further assistance!

7 hours ago, Ascii2 said:

To be clear, my comments were usual and not specific to @FranceBB's RAM.  Your comments that I here quote appear specific to particular RAM.  There has, herein, been no affirmative identification of FranceBB's RAM herein, other than his report that it is "HyperX".  Also to clarify, when mentioning your advice to FranceBB, I was referring to the recommendation of increasing voltage for the RAM and not the amount of the increase.

It would be advisable to FranceBB to identify his RAM model or characteristics more explicitly.

No ,you just missed his answer to my post. It was a very specific item we discussed - Kingston DDR3 (Made in Taiwan, the over-popular blue one - Hyper-X.

HyperX is a series of overclocking RAM modules. There's no "usual" HyperX, it's hyper by the very definition.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=HyperX+RAM+Kingston+blue

From my experience - keep RAM cool (under even 50°C) and it will last a long long time. I still have my Corsair DDR2 "1066" RAM; well the first two sticks died quite some years ago, and the warranty replacement two I always have them at 800MHz and 1.8V and they are cool and happy and most importantly working well. I believe even longer than yours now. Amazing grace!

Edited by modnar

14 hours ago, modnar said:

From my experience - keep RAM cool (under even 50°C) and it will last a long long time. I still have my Corsair DDR2 "1066" RAM; well the first two sticks died quite some years ago, and the warranty replacement two I always have them at 800MHz and 1.8V and they are cool and happy and most importantly working well. I believe even longer than yours now. Amazing grace!

Good advice, but rather off-topic here and mostly valid/useful only for DDR2 and below.

DDR2 is a very hot, extremely outdated technology from about 20 years ago. DDR2 desperately needs heatsinks if overclocked. especially,

DDR3 runs almost 2x times cooler, you can touch the module with your finger, it's barely warm.

And those blue are packed up, wrapped up with some good aluminium radiators, simply an overcloker dream.

The problem with the author's modules are their poor quality. I had the same series, and their chips failed, even being in a well ventilated case.

Their temps never went higher than 36 degrees (Celsius). It's human's body temperature.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 3:48 AM, Dixel said:

No ,you just missed his answer to my post. It was a very specific item we discussed - Kingston DDR3 (Made in Taiwan, the over-popular blue one - Hyper-X.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=HyperX+RAM+Kingston+blue

Not true.  The "Kingston DDR3 module (Made in Taiwan, the over-popular blue one - Hyper-X)" information did not come from any of FranceBB postings from this thread, rather it was your response where you described of one of your encounters in the past with "Kingston DDR3 module (Made in Taiwan, the over-popular blue one - Hyper-X)".  In FranceBB's next report, he posted his RAM sticks were also "HyperX" (also, not the same spelling as the one you had indicated) and did not further identify them.

On 2/6/2024 at 3:48 AM, Dixel said:

HyperX is a series of overclocking RAM modules. There's no "usual" HyperX, it's hyper by the very definition.

"HyperX" modules, as it relates to Kingston products, is a line of products and branding, and not just for RAM modules.  There has been no apparent definition of the "HyperX" branding being hyper by definition; rather, Kingston describes (at least) its HyperX products, as a matter of marketing, of performing in a manner that you might construe as hyper.

On 2/1/2024 at 8:24 PM, Ascii2 said:

Increasing the voltage (target) to the RAM, as @Dixel had mentioned, would usually provide the RAM module more stability, but at a cost of greater physical consumption or damage to the RAM (and some dependent components for the power delivery) and extra power consumption.  In such case, the RAM modules may still have been good.

DDR3 RAM default clock approved and standardized by JEDEC is 1066MHZ only!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM

Everything else, including 1333MHZ is not standardised by JEDEC and considered to be over-clock, meaning it works out-of specs already. 

4 hours ago, Ascii2 said:

"HyperX" modules, as it relates to Kingston products, is a line of products and branding, and not just for RAM modules.  There has been no apparent definition of the "HyperX" branding being hyper by definition; rather, Kingston describes (at least) its HyperX products, as a matter of marketing, of performing in a manner that you might construe as hyper.

So, it doesn't matter whether we, he, specified the exact part number, they all are ready to accept additional over-clocking parameters, and the manufacturer applied these in advance. So yeah, it's not just "marketing", even the lowest performing Hyper X is already over-clocked, to begin with.