Injustice 2 and Vista = No Sound, even after a dedicated card plugged in.

Karla Sleutel

Pretty much what the topic says, I was able to get Injustice 2 {2018} up and running, after I figured out how to install these new video drivers, I have to admit, it was not easy to find any help topics about nVidia, the search showed only bizarre results.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183688-breakthrough-new-nvidia-drivers-ported-to-vista-tutorial/

But no sound, no matter what I do. Please share the ideas. the game shows no particular errors and works fine.

You didn't tell us, do you run Vista with, or without @win32kernel? I read a report of someone having no sound too, in some latest kernel, I myself never had such troubles with his kernel.

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

a "mono" based game?

Injustice 2 runs on the old Mortal Kombat X engine (which supports Vista!) Unreal Engine 3, with the mobile version running on Unreal Engine 4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 5:32 PM, Tripredacus said:

When using a sound card, you should disable onboard sound in the motherboard BIOS. If your video card has HDMI, verify that Windows default audio device is the sound card output and not the video card.

Thanks. It's only one game I have troubles with. Any others work fine with sound, be it onboard realtek, or the new dedicated card I bought. HDMI driver not installed, I have no use for it, the speakers are hooked up via Sony Philips digital output (SPDIF).