Windows XP with modern Office, Chrome 100+, and Discord (via official Microsoft RemoteApp "Application Server")

SuperWorkstationXP

Is there any antivirus running on One core api? In my case, after installing any antivirus, a bluescreen shows up and the system already becomes completely unstable and hangs up.

On 5/29/2023 at 5:57 PM, AstroSkipper said:

I, for example, have a very old computer from the year 2000 with a 32-bit processor Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz and only 1.5 GB RAM.

single core ? maybe this is the reason why AVAST doesn't run smoothly on this machine even though you despair to teach others on how sluggish AVAST is... :wacko:

9 hours ago, Milkinis said:

even though you despair to teach others on how sluggish AVAST is... :wacko:

The only one who is desperate here seems to be you. Again and again the same. :boring: putertired.gif The topic has been over for a long time. Everything has been said. And your permanent, personal attacks then don't help any more, either. :no: As always, the following applies: Reading and understanding is an art in itself. jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 6/10/2023 at 12:25 AM, dmiranda said:

Thanks for sharing all this, @SuperWorkstationXP, it is indeed good stuff. Would there be a manner to connect the xp vmachine to apps in linuxmint server, instead? What about connection to the host (in my current very newbie experimentation, a linuxmint too.

Thats how I been using it on Linux (Kubuntu 20.24 LTS) before, try this...

xfreerdp /u:<user> /p:<password> /app:'calc.exe' /v:192.168.0.169 /cert:ignore

Check man pages since there are lots of other command line options....

Edited by KeyCat

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 5:09 AM, KeyCat said:
xfreerdp /u:<user> /p:<password> /app:'calc.exe' /v:192.168.0.169 /cert:ignore

I missed this post. Sorry, and thank you. I will try it, but by the looks of it, this command would open an xp app running in a virtual machine, right? As per the original post, I share @SuperWorkstationXPpreference for the xp desktop experience.

I will then review the man pages and look around to see how and if I can do the opposite: I want to open a linux app in host (or another linux vm) within a desktop running in an xp virtual machine. A fool's errand, perhaps.

Cheers!

On 6/21/2023 at 1:50 AM, dmiranda said:

I will then review the man pages and look around to see how and if I can do the opposite: I want to open a linux app in host (or another linux vm) within a desktop running in an xp virtual machine. A fool's errand, perhaps.

That is doable but you need to install a Xserver like Xming in your XP VM.

• 2 weeks later...