Windows Vista Ultimate on Dell Vostro 3750. (Check Description :)

Elliott

Hi,

Ive been missing Vista a lot lately and am trying to make it work on this laptop as a daily driver because Im using it for a school database project but i'm having a bit of issues.

Its a Dell Vostro 3750 that shipped with Windows 7 Ultimate

These are the specs:

- Intel® Core™ i7 i7-2670QM 2,2 GHz-

- 12 GB DDR3-SDRAM 1333 MHz

- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M Intel® HD Graphics 3000

And by the looks of it it seems like it would all work fine with Vista Ultimate. There are drivers for XP for this laptop even but not vista oddly enough

I used SDIO to get as many drivers on it as I can And aero, sound, bluetooth is all working fine but when it comes time to hook it up to HDMI nothing works Im assuming a few drivers are missing. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. 

Edited by Elliott

• Elliott changed the title to Windows Vista Ultimate on Dell Vostro 3750. (Check Description :)

9 hours ago, winvispixp said:

download the gpu driver from the nvidia website 
either that or a damaged hdmi port 

Wrong, in such laptops the HDMI is hooked via Intel.

NVidia GPU acts as a slave. Intel is the primary one.

15 hours ago, Elliott said:

- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M Intel® HD Graphics 3000

And by the looks of it it seems like it would all work fine with Vista Ultimate. There are drivers for XP for this laptop even but not vista oddly enough

I used SDIO to get as many drivers on it as I can And aero, sound, bluetooth is all working fine but when it comes time to hook it up to HDMI nothing works Im assuming a few drivers are missing. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. 

Hi! Just go to the maker's website and get 'em there.

Select Win 7 and they will work for Vista.

This one they suggest.

Intel HD Graphics, HD Graphics 3000, Intel HD Graphic, v.8.15.10.2253, A03

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/product-support/product/vostro-3750/drivers

On 5/23/2023 at 10:13 PM, D.Draker said:

Hi! Just go to the maker's website and get 'em there.

Select Win 7 and they will work for Vista.

This one they suggest.

Intel HD Graphics, HD Graphics 3000, Intel HD Graphic, v.8.15.10.2253, A03

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-uk/product-support/product/vostro-3750/drivers

Hi! Thanks for replying, I'll try installing that when I get home, Im not too sure if ive already done it but it's worth a shot. Do you think you'd know why the HDMI is not connecting to my monitor? its really strange because it works on win 7 but not vista, like everything is working BUT HDMI. It shows up usually when I connect "Generic PhP monitor" and does nothing. the monitor shows a black screen for a few secs then goes to no signal

On 5/23/2023 at 3:36 PM, winvispixp said:

download the gpu driver from the nvidia website 
either that or a damaged hdmi port 

Hm I HIGHLY doubt that its a HDMI port issue as I had previously been using windows 7 on it hooked to my external monitor until I decided to go to vista

On 5/23/2023 at 9:13 PM, Sergiaws said:

Due to the msfn rules, I probably can't share the program link, but it is called Driver Magician. It helped me to find some drivers in that situation.

Ok! I'll give it a try when I get home and see if it finds any missing driver, SDIO has been a bit buggy for me on vista for some reason but it did install a bunch of missing drivers. The only driver that I really had an issue with was the latest bluetooth driver not working but that's fine because the older version of it works perfectly fine I guess. It's just the HDMI issue and  I don't know what's causing it!

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

Do you think you'd know why the HDMI is not connecting to my monitor? its really strange because it works on win 7 but not vista, like everything is working BUT HDMI. It shows up usually when I connect "Generic PhP monitor" and does nothing. the monitor shows a black screen for a few secs then goes to no signal

Yes, I know, because Vista doesn't support Optimus notebooks. You'd need the one with the manual graphics card switching. Very rare, almost non-existent now, or very expensive.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Yes, I know, because Vista doesn't support Optimus notebooks. You'd need the one with the manual graphics card switching. Very rare, almost non-existent now, or very expensive.

ah that's a bummer so no way I could get it working?

21 hours ago, Elliott said:

ah that's a bummer so no way I could get it working?

You can try to install all certifiied OEM drivers from the maker's site to see if it works, if no - then no. Someone wrote about a very limited success by changing the OS string from 6.1 to 6.0 in the Optimus file, I doubt it will work for this exact model. But then again, you can run Vista with Intel GPU only.