Antimalware, firewall, and other security programs for Windows XP working in 2023 and hopefully beyond

AstroSkipper

20 hours ago, shelby said:

is that ok?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Yep! However, I deactivated the file PromoUtil.exe in my installation when I used this security programme. Less pop-ups and less RAM consumption. The problem with all recent 360 Total Security versions is the quality of their scanners since they don't use Avira and Bitdefender scan engines any longer but unfortunately their own ones, 360 Cloud Scan Engine, 360 QVMII AI Engine, QEX and KunPeng. Read this review here: https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-antivirus/360-total-security/
And once again, please provide more information when you do a request! One image and a few words are simply too few. smilie_denk_24.gif

17 minutes ago, shelby said:

Malware Hunter is only byable

Where did you get this information? :dubbio: It usually comes in two versions, the free version Malware Hunter and the commercial version Malware Hunter Pro. As already described in my article, the features real-time protection and automatic updates are only available in Malware Hunter Pro. :cool:

Just now, AstroSkipper said:

Where did you get this information? :dubbio: It usually comes in two versions, the free version Malware Hunter and the commercial version Malware Hunter Pro. As already described in my article, the features real-time protection and automatic updates are only available in Malware Hunter Pro. :cool:

i have install it and it want a key licence to activate and is only byable

3 minutes ago, shelby said:

Ultra Virus Killer gives me this error

Screenshot_1.jpg

Please, translate such kind of messages! This is an English speaking forum, and not all are proficient in the Greek language. :no:

4 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Please, translate such kind of messages! This is an English speaking forum, and not all are proficient in the Greek language. :no:

the procedure entry point Κ32EnumProcessess could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

16 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:
38 minutes ago, shelby said:

Malware Hunter is only byable

Actually, Glarysoft Malware Hunter Pro has a 30-day free trial period. After that, you must purchase a license for the software to use all its professional features. That means you can use it as an on demand scanner when the trial period has expired.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, shelby said:

the procedure entry point Κ32EnumProcessess could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Thanks! :) Which version of Ultra Virus Killer did you install in Windows XP? As you may know, the last XP-compatible version is 11.9.8.0 as I stated in my article about Ultra Virus Killer. When I tested this version for writing my article, I didn't get such a message. :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

8 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

@shelby Just a question. Do you use all these security programmes at once, i.e. in the same XP partition? :dubbio:

no i intall them find the problem and unistall them

15 minutes ago, shelby said:

i have this problem in avg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Here is what I already stated about AVG AntiVirus Free months ago::

On 9/17/2023 at 5:03 PM, AstroSkipper said:

The research for this article was hell. smilie_g_002.gif Useful information about AVG Antivirus Free 18.8.4084.0 was almost impossible to find. :no: The support (Avast) only points to their own Avast products. :angry:
If someone is looking for support for AVG Antivirus Free 18.8.4084.0, he can expect something. And I don't mean anything good by that. Personally, I will think three times from now on whether I write anything about AVG again. suisjebete.gif

My advice: Forget about AVG! :yes:

3 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

My advice: Forget about AVG! :yes:

so what is your current antivirus programm

Edited by shelby

8 minutes ago, shelby said:

no i intall them find the problem and unistall them

That's very wise. Some combinations of these programmes are possible but more than one real-time scanner can cause problems as you surely know.