Windows 11 LTSC vs IOT

jinkazama

To my knowledge, Windows 11 LTSC isn't even a thing yet. Unless this is some sort of beta release that was leaked, I can't even find any sort of official announcement on its release. If this is the case, don't disclose where it was found as that would be against the forum rules for warez.

Now, to answer your question. There's not really a huge difference in between LTSC and IoT. Your standard LTSC is designed to be used as a workstation environment whereas IoT is designed to be used for use in things like ATMs, kiosks, refrigerators, etc. I really haven't messed around with IoT since I don't have much interest in it so anyone else can feel free to expand upon my description if they so choose to.

Thank you Tommy for reply, i've seen there is an official LTSC version of 10 but not for 11 (Windows 11 LTSC is now Windows 11 IoT), maybe the iso i've installed is a 10 LTSC upgraded to 11 (i don't know if is it's possible).

I need it to install on laptop with embedded emmc memory (usually 32 or 64) to use it.

windows11ltsc.jpg

• 4 months later...

an official (and REAL) Windows 11 LTSC was announced late April 2023 by Microsoft, which will come sometime in the 2nd half of 2024:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-it-pro-blog/windows-client-roadmap-update-april-2023/ba-p/3805227

Windows 11 LTSC

It's important for organizations to have adequate time to plan for adopting Windows 11. Today we're announcing that the next Windows LTSC releases will be available in the second half of 2024:

Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC

Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC

We'll provide more details as we get closer to availability.

Edited by erpdude8

• Tripredacus changed the title to Windows 11 LTSC vs IOT