Has Mozilla Been Lieing To Us This Whole Time?

legacyfan

I noticed this post a few years back in the browser thread https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/page/198/ and was wondering if this was actually true this whole time and they have just covered it up to look like it not so my question is has firefox really secretly been chrome based this whole time and they just never said anything about it?

Edited by legacyfan
Post Moved From Windows 7 Forum (Wrong Section)

• legacyfan changed the title to Has Mozilla Been Lieing To Us This Whole Time?
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure Mozilla is pretending to be good while it's scum like everyone else. But Firefox's codebase is still distinct from Chrome's, maybe they took some bits from Chrome, one would have to dig into the tree, at least I remember someone from Moonchild Productions saying they adapted RegExp parser from Chromium or something along those lines.

Some parts are written Rust, it still has interface hackable through CSS editing (AND YOU CAN MOVE THE FREAKING EXTENSION BUTTONS ON WHATEVER SIDE YOU WANT AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE ALL CRAMMED IN ONE PLACE), some classic extensions are still loadable with some adaptations (eg. Tab Mix Plus, also DownThemAll! and some others), there are differences under the hood when it comes to coding web extensions, it doesn't perform like Chrome on benchmarks.

There are more, but these are the ones I'm personally most aware about.

Edited by UCyborg