The Weather Meter gadget does not work. Anymore. Need fix.

SGR179GR

Hi, the Weather Meter gadget (from addgadgets.com) does not work. Never, ever. I just downloaded the latest version (from 9 YEARS AGO! WOW, time flies), then I extracted the archive (zip) and installed the gadget.

Then, after that, instead of giving the same thing from the screenshots, it just said No connection. What happened to that gadget? It was never updated since 2013. I checked the code, there was nothing useful, just a bunch of useless files.

Then I found a Twitter post from 14 march 2015, then I came to the logan's reply from December 20, 2016 and it said weathertemperature.com, which is no longer available and is for sale. And it said to replace with Foreca, which is a dead link BTW or MSN Weather. Or even better, AccuWeather or weather.com (The Weather Channel).

How can I do that to fix this problem? Give me ideas and please help me. Thank you, I miss this gadget.

Here are some images with the gadget.

WeatherWidget2.pngWeatherWidget.png

And this error of the gadget.

1979747547_WeatherMetererror.PNG.d62d0eb9894975adc148507d20c4d7ca.PNG

Weather Meter description.PNG

Weather Meter icon.PNG

See you later, bye bye.

Edited by SGR179GR
Even more changes

• SGR179GR changed the title to The Weather Meter gadget does not work. Anymore. Need fix.

You will not win any friends here at MSFN by posting similar topics in multiple threads.

You've only joined MSFN approx 7hrs ago and all three of your posts are this one issue.

It's a general rule-of-thumb to WAIT at least 24hrs (if not THREE DAYS minimum!) before BUMPING your own threads because nobody has answered yet.

APIs are changing rapidly. I never understood how the widgets work in Windows Vista/7, so I developed myself a script which gives you the weater of a specific city, so post here if you want it. I might upload it to github some day.

13 minutes ago, SGR179GR said:

Hi Spanish guy, O.K., you can do that.

I live in Bucharest.

Also support that for all cities.

Gracias. 👍 🇪🇸

I mean send it to me ur script.

33 minutes ago, Sergiaws said:

APIs are changing rapidly. I never understood how the widgets work in Windows Vista/7, so I developed myself a script which gives you the weater of a specific city, so post here if you want it. I might upload it to github some day.

Yes please.

2 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

It has been 2 hours. 2 HOURS, I really need that script. Alright?

I direct you to Forum Rule 2.a.

2.a Use some common sense. Do not create identical topics or make identical posts in more than one forum. Think before posting and choose the right topic for your question or answer. Do not "bump" newly created topics until at least 24 hours have passed. If a topic has been "bumped" three times without any new replies, please consider reviewing and editing your original post and adding any information which you think may help other members in answering your question(s) or concern(s). When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea by now. :-)

23 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

2.a Use some common sense. Do not create identical topics or make identical posts in more than one forum. Think before posting and choose the right topic for your question or answer. Do not "bump" newly created topics until at least 24 hours have passed. If a topic has been "bumped" three times without any new replies, please consider reviewing and editing your original post and adding any information which you think may help other members in answering your question(s) or concern(s). When posting, have something to say, not just "My First post!" or "Cool site!!!" We sort of have the idea by now. :-)

This is not duplicate.

9 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

and also rule 7.b This community is built upon mutual respect. You are not allowed to flame other members. People who do not respect personal opinions and/or personal work will be warned in first instance. If you ignore the warning and keep on flaming, you will be banned without notice.

17 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

APIs are changing rapidly. I never understood how the widgets work in Windows Vista/7, so I developed myself a script which gives you the weather of a specific city, so post here if you want it. I might upload it to GitHub some day.

It was 17 hours, can you give me the script to me now?? I also corrected in the quote for you. Does the script work for this gadget that I need a fix on? Thanks