New Win11 ReInstall: StartAllBack now shows "BACK" Instead of "All Programs" / FiX?

s1rrah

Hi there.

StartAllBack has worked great for me since upgrading to Win11.  But recently I had to do a full system re install and also a re install of the latest version of StartAllBack.

After re install, I can't get the oldschool, "All Programs" option and instead, the start menu opens with a list of program groups, with a "<Back" option which actually opens the fly out for program groups. 

I'd like my current, new install of Win11/StartAllback to look like this:

start_all_back_then.thumb.png.33ee8cfb240d7ed83d390f4312c732c2.png

Instead, the new setup/system looks like this:

start_all_now.png.11420a1270a94c91a6a44c4116f4d39a.png

I've combed through the settings but can't find what I'm missing.

Any assist would be appreciated; StartAllBack is still working just fine, I just can't get the start menu, basic "All Programs" setup like the first image shows.

Thanks in advance,

~s

It will not solve the problem. The Start menu will always open in all programs. To fix this issue, u have to reinstall win11. There is no perfect sol. for this issue. And pls don't use ThisIsWin11 tool with SAB

Well the explanation is simple - there's nothing to show in pinned / recent, so All Programs is shown instead. You can force behavior with StartMenuDefaultView=(DWORD)0 in HKCU\Software\StartIsBack

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Well the explanation is simple - there's nothing to show in pinned / recent, so All Programs is shown instead. You can force behavior with StartMenuDefaultView=(DWORD)0 in HKCU\Software\StartIsBack

The reg hack worked.

Brilliant. This is why I am always the UI/UX guy working with the programmers (whom I have always envied and because I suck at math).

Your now my favorite developer, well, just behind Don Ho (NotePad++) ... he gets top honors for humor alone (and a brilliant text editor to boot!).

But your pretty good too ... ;-)  Thanks!

New And Improved™

image.png.0bf9ff369aa562d60c75c2229b908a28.png

Edited by s1rrah