What video card for Vista

CommanderKeen

Hey, mainly asking this because I'm not too sure what to go with, what ideal gpu would work best for vista? I heard suggestions of the R9 290x or 1070, i just want a smooth experience from the top, i7 2600k would be my main cpu and a asus v pro motherboard that has all drivers

On 1/27/2023 at 1:20 AM, CommanderKeen said:

what ideal gpu would work best for vista?

GTX Titan X 12GB, GTX Titan Black is the minimum, bare minimum. 780 ti and 980 both suck because the VRAM is low.

I tried them both and and in most modern DX11 games - not enough memory.

https://disk.yandex.com/d/Zf6Z3Boxo_C7tg

win32 got the 1000 series NVIDIA GTX to work on Vista a while ago without issues by modding the driver.

Given you can't get Steam to work on Vista I guess this is adequate enough, can probably play stuff up to about 2016-2017ish... if emulating games is a concern, I remember a friend got CEMU to run fullspeed using an overclocked Pentium G4560 and a GTX 1080 back in 2017 (and that was on Win10), so yeah.

Edited by derpo

I see you made an account here. I suggested the 290X as it's the peak XP GPU if you want DP 1.4 and should also work fine with Vista. I also suggested the 1070 because it was really cheap in his market, but 1080 or 1080 Ti would be considered the peak for now.