microsoft will no longer sell windows 10 licenses starting Jan 31

legacyfan

According To This Article On TomsGuide https://www.tomsguide.com/news/microsoft-will-no-longer-sell-windows-10-licenses-what-you-need-to-know microsoft plans to stop selling licence key for new copies of windows 10 starting Jan 31 this means any new installs made after that will need to buy a key from other sources (which I won't mention because of the rules) this is a big change in the way things are going there's still 2 more year of extended support left so it's not completely dead yet (or at least not unusable)

Edited by legacyfan

• legacyfan changed the title to microsoft will no longer sell windows 10 licenses starting Jan 31

• 2 months later...

oh damn, windows 10 is starting to become an "legacy OS". can't wait till some people talk about how we can run "this old windows 10 apps" and what hardware is possibly compatible with the windows 10. "no, not this CPU, it is way too new. windows 10 can't handle its reduced feature set that windows 11 is using more performantly" or something like that :D:D 

That information is not public. I'm no longer direct on desktop, so I can't tell when the EoS date for that is.

I wanted to make an update to my post above. It seems that System Builder has reached the end of its production. System Builder doesn't have an EoS, it just exists until it sells out. I have heard that disty is out of Win 10 Home and is running low on Pro, to the point where large orders can't be done. There is still a reluctance for Windows 11, worse than I've seen in any OS changeover.

13 hours ago, legacyfan said:

windows 10 is officially in the "legacy" windows category which means it will slowly get harder to find things that work on it 

What ? It's officially supported ? Legacy ? 😂