XPlode 1.1.2

Wraith

XPlode does NOT have the capability to display a custom image to the RIGHT of each item. You can change the background image, but that's it.

XPdeploy can have the "icon" of the program to the right similar to the add remove window in Windows. If this is what you want, refer to the XPdeploy thread. It's in there for syntax.

Otherwise, you CAN'T do what you want.

I wanna move around the Start Menu Entry for Spybot Search & Destroy from Programs to Programs\Accessories with
<move source='#ALLUSERSPROFILE#\Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy' target='#ALLUSERSPROFILE#\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Spybot' />

but the "&" always breaks my .xml. I get an error when viewing it because there's a "&" in it. How can i use the & without errors???

cya

Killer Bee

Have you tried:

option 1:

<move source="#ALLUSERSPROFILE#\Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy" target='#ALLUSERSPROFILE#\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Spybot' />
notice the double quotes instead of single quotes.

option 2: I don't know if XML supports it, but you might try to "escape" the needed & by writing &&.

option 3: use the MSDOS 8.3 short name instead of the long name. You can open a command prompt window and CD to the Start Menu\Programs folder, then do a DIR /X to see the short names associated with each file.

If tehre is a need, I can modify the parser to allow for things such as & etc.

That is, if it's not already in there. Not entirely sure if the parser I have uses that already.

Unfortunately, I've looked through the code, talked with the boss, and have come to the decision that parts of the code I just simply cannot release source to.

I'm going to try and make as much as possible into seperate DLL's, but there will more than likely be one or two things that I'll just have to provide a binary for.

I'm thinking that right now, the current setup is OK, and I'll jsut add a "display" DLL for the interface. The parsing and stuff doesn't really need modification, and the source of the plugins will be released, so you SHOULD be able to do a lot of things, if needed.

Expect a new post in about a week when I've figured out logistics. Would be earlier, but I have exams in a couple of weeks, so time is limited.