state of windows 7 in 2023-beyond?

legacyfan

Soooo..

I OWN i7-7700k and I can confirm, that it works without any issue on windows 7. even ryzen 5 3600 works with all drivers being recognized and installed. Ryzen 5000 series is something I have not yet experienced on windows 7, but I can only imagine that it works too. I can ofc share some proof that 7700k works on windows 7, but again it is "just" skylake+ so why wouldn't it?

Someone here is just salty that windows 7 has no issues running new gen hardware unlike vista

Edited by Jaguarek62

5 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Soooo..

I OWN i7-7700k and I can confirm, that it works without any issue on windows 7. even ryzen 5 3600 works with all drivers being recognized and installed. Ryzen 5000 series is something I have not yet experienced on windows 7, but I can only imagine that it works too. I can ofc share some proof that 7700k works on windows 7, but again it is "just" skylake+ so why wouldn't it?

Someone here is just salty that windows 7 has no issues running new gen hardware unlike vista

I have no reason not beleive you, especially when you just confirmed what I wrote before,

yes older kaby-lake work with Win 7, and your CPU is the first one from 5 years ago.

BTW , does your standby mode works ? Could your PC enter the sleep mode ? 

5 hours ago, legacyfan said:

windows 7 is pretty much the new vista the way it was originally designed to be while keeping the good parts of vista like aero

Sorry I don't agree.

And you edited the original post again and changed everything !

6 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

windows 7 has no issues running new gen hardware unlike vista

Dear magicians , please tell me how do you all play modern games on Win 7 ? On that last 471 driver from almost 2 years ago ? lol 

Also, how do you play DX12 ? I'm not mocking (though I could, definitely) , it's a serious question.

Maybe someone already ported the drivers ? What is the current one 537 ?

I have a DX12 card and it's shown as DX11 on Win 7, thanks.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I have no reason not beleive you, especially when you just confirmed what I wrote before,

yes older kaby-lake work with Win 7, and your CPU is the first one from 5 years ago.

BTW , does your standby mode works ? Could your PC enter the sleep mode ? 

EDIT : almost 6 years CPU , without a month !

6 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Dear magicians , please tell me how do you all play modern games on Win 7 ? On that last 471 driver from almost 2 years ago ? lol 

Also, how do you play DX12 ? I'm not mocking (though I could, definitely) , it's a serious question.

Maybe someone already ported the drivers ? What is the current one 537 ?

I have a DX12 card and it's shown as DX11 on Win 7, thanks.

Dear MSFN troll. I don’t. I only play rdr2 which uses vulkan anyways. Gta V, rocket league, cs:go, valorant, minecraft, LOL. I used to play cyberpunk 2077 on windows 7 and yeah that worked. Anyways there is vulkan translation layer, but it is better to just dual boot with 10. I can at least play modern online games. Once they stop working I just move to 10. Any more questions? No one is forcing windows 7/8/10/11 on you so why you keep mocking them? For run? Enjoy it then. Oh and explain how I can play the games above on vista. Thank you

3 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

Dear MSFN troll. I don’t. I only play rdr2 which uses vulkan anyways. Gta V, rocket league, cs:go, valorant, minecraft, LOL. I used to play cyberpunk 2077 on windows 7 and yeah that worked. Anyways there is vulkan translation layer, but it is better to just dual boot with 10. I can at least play modern online games. Once they stop working I just move to 10. Any more questions? No one is forcing windows 7/8/10/11 on you so why you keep mocking them? For run? Enjoy it then. Oh and explain how I can play the games above on vista. Thank you

I really appreciate you're being honest and respectful ! I said, no mocking. And RDR2 worked for me without Volcano ! It had stutters with it and I

I just deleted it and the game ran quite fine , perhaps it has something to do with my GPU being 12GB ? I dunno !

But apart from RDR2 (2019) - no other modern games worked. I used that last 471 driver (which btw is slower than 456).

You wrote you aren't on Vista anymore. I'm confused. Anyways, thanks again.

1 minute ago, D.Draker said:

You wrote you aren't on Vista anymore. I'm confused. Anyways, thanks again.

That's because nothing works on vista no more. apart from amazing work done by win32. so lemme repeat how do YOU play games on windows vista?

CS:GO,League of legends, Valorant, Rocket League, Minecraft (yeah minecraft works with weird launchers and modified java), it takes two, Beamng.Drive and many others that work on windows 7? BTW windows 7 and 8 still gets security updates from nvidia.

So windows 7 and 8.1 can run any game that runs on dx 11. (Sometimes windows 8.1 can open a game that 7 can't because of dx 11.2, and sometime windows 7 opens game that 8.1 can't d3d12on7)

spacer.png

So far we have only one (1) somewhat modern game with mediocre specs that runs on Windows 7 .

Elden Ring starts with a black screen, despite my GPU supporting DX12, I tried that "Fake" DX12 fix 

and it didn't work. Stray cat also dind't work , not to mention the other several games I tried and wrote

in the topic about non-working soft on win 7.

40 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Sorry I don't agree.

And you edited the original post again and changed everything !

I changed it because it had nothing to do with what was going on and would of been off-topic I'm working on fixing my past mistakes 

3 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

how do YOU play games on windows vista?

I'm in no way as advanced as you when it comes to gaming ! I mostly play smth with racing and recently Iron Harvest Deluxe Edition which is win10 only.

Some other member made fixes to the game so it starts no problem, despite being 11.2 or 11.1 (?).

Also, sometimes DOA5/DOA6 (DX11). I don't play online , sorry

3 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I'm in no way as advanced as you when it comes to gaming ! I mostly play smth with racing and recently Iron Harvest Deluxe Edition which is win10 only.

Some other member made fixes to the game so it starts no problem, despite being 11.2 or 11.1 (?).

Also, sometimes DOA5/DOA6 (DX11). I don't play online , sorry

yeah windows 7 and 8 can't launch games mostly released after 2021, but the most popular online games are still running on windows 7 and 8. I don't play them, but if I wanted to I would just use windows 10. This does not change the fact that windows 7 is still a very capable os in 2023 and will be up until 24 or 25.