Problem When Installing GTX 1060'S Driver (372.70 Because 376.66 or 398.11 Don't Work ) I always get code 43

WholsDrunks.

Since i selled my gtx 960's i bought a 1060 because @burd  got it working fine but when i try to install the driver it says incompatible hardware so i tried to do some inf modding and it work but after the install and restart i can't see proper accleration no aero or anything , so i checked the device manager and my gpu was there and double click in it and i saw this error code 43 . so i taught my graphics card was fake and i went to windows 10 to go in gpu-z and the gpu is real.

So after thanks to some members of a discord they help me but didn't get to work. So i am wondering if anyone can help me.

Cordially .

WholsDrunks.

gpu z.png

unknown.png

4 hours ago, WholsDrunks. said:

This is happening because your card is a newer re-issue, based on a newer chip GP106.

The first GTX1060 must have GP104 chip. So you need a much newer driver from the end of 2018.

"Normal" (ordinary) GTX1060 on GP104 chip

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/207648/207648

Your newer version on GP106 chip.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/198454/198454

3 hours ago, WholsDrunks. said:

@D.DrakerPouvez-vous me donner des liens de modeles gp104 de la gtx 1060.

Cordialement.

WholsDrunks.

Usually the older cards are easy to identify just looking at the BIOS number,

old ones start with 86.04.xx.xx

It means they have the usual (old) chip GP104.

@D.DrakerMerci Beacoup pour votre réponse.je vais essayer d'acheté une carte GTX 1060 (GP104)

Request the BIOS number from the seller and then search it here,

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?model=GTX+1060

confirm the chip and the year of manufacturing. 

If you wish to purchase 1070-1080, also make sure they are from the first batches of 2016.

Write here for further questions.

Greetings from Vichy.

Thank u so much for helping @D.Draker

Personnally i can't afford a 1070 or 1080 because for my parents these are too expensive

Grettings From Nantes

I see, maybe consider the older generation then ? Like Titan X 12GB. Should be cheaper and more powerful.

hi @D.Draker

I got a new card (Quadro m4000 8gb) now i got aero all driver working so what do i want to do when the driver is working , gaming espacially Rocket league but i can't because i bought it in steam and steam is offline for me i installed all driver i got code all that thing i got to steam but i can't see anything , i mean is litterrally black but we can " library etc...." at the top.

How can i install games in steam from my library?

Cordially

hi @D.Draker

I got a new card (Quadro m4000 8gb) now i got aero all driver working so what do i want to do when the driver is working , gaming espacially Rocket league but i can't because i bought it in steam and steam is offline for me i installed all driver i got code all that thing i got to steam but i can't see anything , i mean is litterrally black but we can " library etc...." at the top.

How can i install games in steam from my library?

Cordially

Hi, I'm glad you got your card working with the drivers ! Sorry, I don't use steam. I hope @Jaguarek62 can help you (if he is in a good mood, of course).

I think he is the only steam gamer here. At least it seems so.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

I hope @Jaguarek62 can help you (if he is in a good mood, of course).

Since you quoted me, I no longer use Windows Vista, so I'm sorry, I can't help. By the way, I don't want to interact with you so please respect that. Thank you. I'm always in good mood, but you have to respect that I don't want to be quoted by you or talk to you.

Thank you.

(I do remember that rocket league is unplayable because of epic online services on vista due to missing kernel32.dll functions even with extended kernel, but that was way back). On windows 7 of course it is plug and play, just hit install and play.

3 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

By the way, I don't want to interact with you so please respect that. Thank you. I'm always in good mood, but you have to respect that I don't want to be quoted by you or talk to you.

I called you to help him , not me. First off, thanks for helping that person !

I assumed you were in a bad mood 'cause of your weird reaction, like this one .

Why such reactions follow, I don't get it , perhaps you confuse me with someone else !?

How windows 7 is relevant to this question ?