[BREAKTHROUGH P2] New Pascal Special Microsoft nVidia driver port for Vista x64.

D.Draker

6 hours ago, win32 said:

As 398.11 seems very hit and miss, I would try 391.35 or 399.24.

I see, thanks , I think I wrote I already tried the iCafe 390.xx (77 ?) and it's too old already. Regarding games, nothing major between 390-391.

Could you elaborate on hit and miss ? Apart from the non-working panel, no troubles for me . But the panel doesn't start and we know why.

Maybe wait for the new kernel then ? Or you want me to mod the hell out of it so we could use  it without the kernel ? I'm afraid the new tutorial 

would be too complicated for some folks then.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Could you elaborate on hit and miss ?

Some users could not get the system past the "orb" when booting using 39x. I can't reproduce it myself, making it hard to fix.

I am working on getting 411.xx with my kernel as well.

17 hours ago, win32 said:

Some users could not get the system past the "orb" when booting using 39x. I can't reproduce it myself, making it hard to fix.

I am working on getting 411.xx with my kernel as well.

This orb problem had happened once for me also, then I quickly understood it was due to the fact the NVCPL couldn't start because of 

the missing 345 (0x0159) "N/A" in COMCTL32.DLL. If I install only the driver (without the CPL), all is fine.

On 12/14/2022 at 11:05 PM, win32 said:

I would try 391.35 or 399.24

Results :

391.35 works fine, but I didn't like the way it represents the colours and its contrast is way too high.

Otherwise - fine !

399.24 is one hell of a glitchy piece of crap. Interferes with my good ol' sound card.

It booted up fine (without the NVCPL, of course) . Played a DX11 game for 1 hour fine.

Then started to watch Octopussy 1983 using MPC-HC and look at the crash errors. (TDR had happened)

Happens at random intervals. Also 399 doesn't like Chrome. 

MPC.png

Screenshot_20221220_222105.png

what driver will work for the 960? ive been looking around for a driver but I can't find a download if some one could show me where I can download these it would be much appriciated

Edited by legacyfan

On 12/14/2022 at 11:05 PM, win32 said:

As 398.11 seems very hit and miss, I would try 391.35 or 399.24.

I vote for the 398.11. I tried it on another mobo today and no problems found. Would be great to have its original NVCPL working, of course.

Also, I can now confirm it works with GT1030. Someone from your friends tried GTX Titan XP with 398.11 ?

I only have the X variant, not XP. Thanks.

11 hours ago, win32 said:

Unfortunately I don't know any Titan XP owners.

This is very unfortunate, indeed. I got a good offer on that Titan, but someone here wrote he had troubles with the new edition of GTX1060 (BIOS and the chip v.2 from 2018),

I don't know if you saw that topic. And this Titan I was offered also from the newer (re-issued) batch. So no 100% guarantees. How big is the chance the 411 will work ? Thanks.

13 hours ago, win32 said:

Unfortunately

Oh, and one more question, there's a lot of noise regarding Intel inf (chipset) "drivers", could they actually help, if installed ?

I know they are just inf files (not the actual drivers), of course, but still... I run without them.

Oh, and I don't know if you saw, I finally found the reason for BSOD 124 in my other system, it was that 

"famous" home made USB drivers I downloaded here, made by a guy from Brazil (who also ignored my question, when I asked

him what updates exactly he used to "cure" the haswell bug, and the topic got locked immediately, lol). 

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

How big is the chance the 411 will work ? Thanks.

Very low at this time. I was able to run all the 39x without issue unlike many other people, and I couldn't even boot with 411.

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Oh, and one more question, there's a lot of noise regarding Intel inf (chipset) "drivers", could they actually help, if installed ?

I know they are just inf files (not the actual drivers), of course, but still... I run without them.

I don't use those either. The only purpose they serve is to name devices in Device Manager.

5 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Oh, and I don't know if you saw, I finally found the reason for BSOD 124 in my other system, it was that 

"famous" home made USB drivers I downloaded here, made by a guy from Brazil (who also ignored my question, when I asked

him what updates exactly he used to "cure" the haswell bug, and the topic got locked immediately, lol). 

Some of the 39x users thought that the unofficial USB drivers may have not worked well with the GPU drivers. They worked good on my Kaby Lake laptop, but I do want to get official USB drivers working as well.

On 12/23/2022 at 1:59 PM, win32 said:

1 - Very low at this time. I was able to run all the 39x without issue unlike many other people, and I couldn't even boot with 411.

2 - I don't use those either. The only purpose they serve is to name devices in Device Manager.

3 - Some of the 39x users thought that the unofficial USB drivers may have not worked well with the GPU drivers. They worked good on my Kaby Lake laptop, but I do want to get official USB drivers working as well.

1 - I only had issues with 399.24 , and it looks like not only me. I think this is just driver's fault, not Vista's. And don't forget, we run very 

different hardware. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-399-24-whql-driver-download.html see the issues on win 7.

2 - Thanks.

3 - I had troubles (BSOD 124), even when using that self-ported Brazilian USB drivers with ancient 353.xx drivers and even older.

That BSOD had happened many times , but only while gaming. Under heavy GPU load. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 8:26 AM, D.Draker said:

I vote for the 398.11. I tried it on another mobo today and no problems found. Would be great to have its original NVCPL working, of course.

Also, I can now confirm it works with GT1030. Someone from your friends tried GTX Titan XP with 398.11 ?

I only have the X variant, not XP. Thanks.

Hey ! Happy new year ! Glad to see you worked it out. I was having some issues lately , so sorry for being inactive. So you say the G1030 works with 398.11 ?