AnonymoX addon alternatives

DrunkenTanker

Forget about add-ons like AnonymoX and others offering free services! I tried a lot of them in the past. Most of them don't work or you're not really anonymous, quite apart from the limitations such as speed and data volume. To surf anonymously hero.gif, to get an IP from another country or to gain access to sites which are restricted in your country, you should use paid VPN services with no log policy. Such connections can be used system-widely and not only in a browser as in case of AnonymoX. I am not a friend of such "anonymous or secure proxies". They are advertised with the promise to protect your privacy, but very often they don't. Anyway, I try to trust my paid VPN services. And so far I'm quite happy with them. But be careful in booking such services! You have to ensure that they offer protocols supported in Windows XP. Nearly all of their native Windows apps don't work in Windows XP anymore. In most cases they support only Windows 7 and higher versions.

Cheers, AstroSkipper bybye.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Forget about add-ons like AnonymoX and others offering free services! I tried a lot of them in the past. Most of them don't work or you're not really anonymous, quite apart from the limitations such as speed and data volume. To surf anonymously hero.gif, to get an IP from another country or to gain access to sites which are restricted in your country, you should use paid VPN services with no log policy. Such connections can be used system-widely and not only in a browser as in case of AnonymoX. I am not a friend of such "anonymous or secure proxies". They are advertised with the promise to protect your privacy, but very often they don't. Anyway, I try to trust my paid VPN services. And so far I'm quite happy with them. But be careful in booking such services! You have to ensure that they offer protocols supported in Windows XP. Nearly all of their native Windows apps don't work in Windows XP anymore. In most cases they support only Windows 7 and higher versions.

Cheers, AstroSkipper bybye.gif

jexplique.gif

• 1 month later...

Need to ask a question in here, not for myself, mainly if others are seeking (some level of) anonymity should people especially in repressed countries need to fee able to ask about sensitive topics or mental heal issues that would be considered "taboo". Not everyone care to "blab" their dirty laundry all over freely as I.

I'm just wanting to be able to give better advice because in some places in the world, such things could cost them their lives as some rights we enjoy here are still criminal.

The only things I can recommend is what I see here, and it would seem people have to pay, but how to pay without giving out real name?

People should be paranoid in this day and age, again, I don't want to give people false hope that there is any such things as (truly) Anonymous.

I'm fine, but I do find myself a little concerned about younger folks that don't know where to turn online; let alone in real life.

Take good care everyone.

Sorry for choosing this thread, but it came up on a sear here and it seemed to be the right place to ask, as I myself, don't actually know the answers and these programs seems complicated even to me. Apologies if this was the wrong thread to ask; again, not for me I'm inquiring but I care and would never knowingly lead anybody astray.

Edited by XPerceniol

37 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

I'm just wanting to be able to give better advice because in some places in the world, such things could cost them their lives as some rights we enjoy here are still criminal.

The only things I can recommend is what I see here, and it would seem people have to pay, but how to pay without giving out real name?

Hi @XPerceniol! I used to be sceptical about payments and anonymity, too. But in the meanwhile I don't see any problems if the vendor can be trusted. And that's the problem. At the end you have to trust the vendor of a VPN service, otherwise you won't be happy at all. What I did is to buy a time-limited for one (or more) year(s) or a lifetime license of a VPN service at StackSocial. They have less expensive offers. When you buy a license there, you get a code which must be redeemed with the corresponding provider. The seller and the VPN provider are independent of each other. Thus, the VPN provider only knows what you have booked. But in the end, it's all a question of trust. And there is no such thing as one hundred percent security. trust-me.gif

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Sorry for choosing this thread, but it came up on a sear here and it seemed to be the right place to ask, as I myself, don't actually know the answers and these programs seems complicated even to me. Apologies if this was the wrong thread to ask; again, not for me I'm inquiring but I care and would never knowingly lead anybody astray.

This thread is the right one. Don't worry! It's about anonymity, VPN and browser extensions promising safety. :yes:

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Hi @XPerceniol! I used to be sceptical about payments and anonymity, too. But in the meanwhile I don't see any problems if the vendor can be trusted. And that's the problem. At the end you have to trust the vendor of a VPN service, otherwise you won't be happy at all. What I did is to buy a time-limited for one (or more) year(s) or a lifetime license of a VPN service at StackSocial. They have less expensive offers. When you buy a license there, you get a code which must be redeemed with the corresponding provider. The seller and the VPN provider are independent of each other. Thus, the VPN provider only knows what you have booked. But in the end, it's all a question of trust. And there is no such thing as one hundred percent security. trust-me.gif

Thank you for the quick reply, that was very helpful. I think people have to use caution online. Just the way it is, but glad and grateful for this advice. I don't use these extensions myself, but I'm in a different place in life and situation.

Edited by XPerceniol

3 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you for the quick reply, that was very helpful. I think people have to use caution online. Just the way it is, but glad and grateful for this advice. I don't use these extensions myself, but I'm in a different place in life and situation.

Just to clarify it! I do not use extensions but a trusted VPN service to establish secure and anonymous connections.
hero.gif
The installation in Windows is very simple.