Nvidia Graphics driver for Windows 2000 (2010)

If you guys are in need of an Nvidia Graphics driver for your late-2000's to early-2010's Nvidia hardware for Windows 2000, you can find it here: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/Downloads.html I've rehosted the graphics drivers to Media Fire in case the links in the "Running Windows 2000 on modern motherboards - USB Issues" thread die out (and the one for 258.96 has while the 257.21 has not, but may. 258.96 I was able to find through Internet Archive thankfully so it allowed me to download it to rehost it).

The files are unzipped. If running the exe doesn't work, you'll have to mod the INF to include your Nvidia device. After doing so, it will warn that it did not pass WHQL testing, but you can safely ignore this. If, for some reason, it still does not work, you can Have Disk install this.

After installing this, the boot time significantly increases during "Preparing Network Connections". This can be solved by disabling the NVIDIA display driver helper service, located in Control Panel->Administrator Tools->Services->NVIDIA display driver helper. After this is turned off, boot time will return to nearly normal speeds. Thanks to @win32 for this helpful tip (You can also find it in the aforementioned thread).

There is also a new README included (alongside the original) that basically rehashes most of this info. I hope this helps someone out. Enjoy!

Edited by Tripredacus
title

• Tripredacus changed the title to Nvidia Graphics driver for Windows 2000 (2010)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/24/2022 at 6:56 PM, OldSchool38 said:

On a side note, you will get a BSOD if you use just vanilla sp4, if you have 5.1 or HSLIP updates installed it will work then.

Hi

Where do I find 5.1 or the HSLIP Updates?

On 6/24/2022 at 5:56 PM, OldSchool38 said:

On a side note, you will get a BSOD if you use just vanilla sp4, if you have 5.1 or HSLIP updates installed it will work then.

I was able to install my gtx 460 with vanilla sp4, you just need to manually install the driver in the device manager.