Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

6 hours ago, Damnation said:

@SEDANEH

Glad that you finally got XP installed!

Integrated GPU won't have a proper XP driver, get an nvidia GT 710 that has XP drivers.

The graphic card is rtx 4090:D

I dont think this driver installed

۲۰۲۴۰۲۲۰_۲۳۴۰۱۳.jpg

Edited by SEDANEH

4 hours ago, SEDANEH said:

The graphic card is rtx 4090:D  I dont think this driver installed

The latest nvidia generation with official XP support is the 9xx (driver) though some enthusiast report to be able running a GTX 10xx (without 3d accelaration) by hacking the .inf friver files... (edit: link)

Edited by Mark-XP

17 hours ago, Damnation said:

7 hours ago, Mark-XP said:

The latest nvidia generation with official XP support is the 9xx (driver) though some enthusiast report to be able running a GTX 10xx (without 3d accelaration) by hacking the .inf friver files... (edit: link)

Although Windows XP was installed, after some time it gives error 7B in the boot

1 hour ago, Damnation said:

@SEDANEH

That's odd, I've never seen XP give a 7B error AFTER booting.

Are you sure it was a 7B BSOD?

Apparently, the 7B problem has been solved, but the problem remains with the drivers

If I manage to fully install the drivers in Windows XP. I might be the only one who has run Windows XP with this heavy hardware without any problems.

Trying to troubleshoot drivers

Edited by SEDANEH

1 minute ago, Damnation said:

@SEDANEH

Just focus on getting the essential devices working, namely GPU, sound and networking for now.

My biggest problem now is this network. If it was detected, I could solve the problem from the Internet Sound card installed

First of all, I would like to thank Mr @Dietmar for sending the special Windows XP and then I would like to thank all the people in this forum for helping me when I was almost hopeless.

Edited by SEDANEH

Hi,

I succeed to install:cheerleader: full Acpi Multiprocessor XP SP3 on the HP 255 g6 notebook.

I setup a Standard PC XP and put out the harddisk before first reboot.

Then I install the modded DSDT from Lenovo and the 4 SSDT tables with the nice DSDT loader at boottime from @Mov AX, 0xDEAD.

Oh..now follows a crazy edit of the registry, to change on this after TXT Setup of XP to Acpi Multiprocessor XP.

I tried this already in past, always without success.

After a lot of hours for this registry edit now I have mouse and XP SP3 to full on this crazy notebook

Dietmar

JG2g8Ja.md.png

Edited by Dietmar

a good idea is to look what the driver useally is called

often a lap-top/desktop comes with a driver disc, that might also give that information

a other idea would be to look a pre installation with a working operating system (like if its a nativ vista computer you gonna look the device manager)

google might also help what type is related to that computer/motherboard

in the past there where no onboard lan drivers, they where actually cards (those can still be buyed if the motherboard dont support the operating system)

the same goes for the sound card, those still exits to buy too

for hdd´s/ssd´s harddrives whatsoever they most likely where onboard, but actually you could also buy a card if you wanted some more harddrives then the motherboard actually supports

but why im trying to say is that you need the right names for the drivers

@user57

PCI DeviceID's are more useful than names when looking for drivers.

A PCI device might have the same name as another but be of a different hardware revision, which is why you should look for the DeviceID.

@Damnation

Look at cpu-z.

The AMD cpu E2-9000e has 1 CPU - 2 Core - 2 Threads,

whatever this means:cool:.

But I know, that all from this cpu is working.

When I install XP in Standard PC mode (no acpi), a video at youtube cant run at 480 without stopping.

Now, nearly no stopping at HD 1080p with the same video

Dietmar

2 hours ago, Dietmar said:

But I know, that all from this cpu is working.

When I install XP in Standard PC mode (no acpi), a video at youtube cant run at 480 without stopping.

@Dietmar

Check with Task Manager, kernel may detect only one core/thread

Edited by Mov AX, 0xDEAD