Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

5 hours ago, casdanic said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

хорошо, но на платформе б250 у меня работает почти все, вроде как. мне нужна очень быстрая скорость одного потока, а плата на х58 не даст мне этого. поэтому возможно риски того стоят. речь идет о 1с предприятии 7.7.

1c семерке по барабану какое acpi, acpi нужно OS для управления процессором, в теории если весь acpi будет кривой и косой, процессор все равно будет работать, только в макс режиме по питанию и частоте. если acpi.sys не падает - работать можно

p.s. это где еще семерки то стоят ? кастомная конфига ?

1c seven doesn't care what acpi is, acpi needs OS to control the processor, in theory, if the entire acpi is curved and oblique, the processor will still work, only in max mode for power and frequency. if acpi.sys does not fall - you can work
p.s. where else are the sevens? custom config ?

@Mov AX, 0xDEADконфига типовая, торговля + склад, но доработанная, с эдо и модулем для ТСД. я больше скажу, часть парка ПК на XP) поэтому и есть задача оставить сервер 2003 как есть, но чтобы по производительности был максимальный. какую инфу предоставить по диспетчеру устройств? конфликты которые я там увидел, я писал выше. больше никаких нет. да и на С-стейты плевать, главное чтобы это не было в угоду по производительности. а вот патч таймера дает буст по дисковой подсистеме, как я понял.
what information to provide on the device manager? conflicts that I saw there, I wrote above. there are no more. and the C-states do not care, the main thing is that it should not be for the sake of performance. but the timer patch gives a boost to the disk subsystem, as I understand it.

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

но производительность ай3 10100 в 1с7 мне понравилась. открывает мгновенно, даже не успевает окно прогружаться. особенно с нвме. 
but I liked the performance of i3 10100 in 1c7. opens instantly, the window does not even have time to load. especially with nvme.

@casdanic

Please give me the exact(!) name of your motherboard, may be even versions number.

The Bios then I fetch from Webside and I modd DSDT.

At once we see, if it is the same conflict VGa<=> IOTR or other

Dietmar

PS: At the weekend I can set up the same W2K3 bit32 on an z690 board. And I make one try more to edit the intelppm.sys by hand.

I am quite sure, that on one of this boards will also show the error with missing videocard.

And this I can debug

Dietmar

@casdanic

I succeed to patch intelppm.sys for Win2k3 bit32 for to overcome the big power consumption, by hand only using Winhex

Dietmar

https://ufile.io/zl1fu6c2

1. F:\win2003filesbit32\files\intelppmOriginal.sys: 40.960 Bytes
2. F:\win2003filesbit32\files\intelppmModd.sys: 40.960 Bytes
Offsets: hexadez.

128:    CE    FE
 129:    71    4C
4DBB:    B4    90
4E5C:    60    90
4E5D:    2D    2C

Edited by Dietmar

@Mov AX, 0xDEADкакую инфу предоставить по диспетчеру устройств? конфликты которые я там увидел, я писал выше. больше никаких нет. да и на С-стейты плевать, главное чтобы это не было в угоду по производительности. а вот патч таймера дает буст по дисковой подсистеме, как я понял.

rus:

1) Без патча таймера таймер вообще не работает в ядре windows, последствия зависят от конретной програмы и драйвера, который его захочет использовать

2) патч intelppm дает энергосбережение когда процессору делать нечего, если стоит супер-кулер то не обязателен, но желателен, меньше греется, дольше поработает

3) В диспетчере устройств включи режим просмотра отключенных устройств, далее щелкай по всем устройствам пока не найдешь на закладке "ресурсы" упоминание о том что что эти ресурсы конфликтуют с другим устройством XXX. Если сразу есть информация что XXX конфликтует с YYY, то просто заскринь вкладку "ресурсы"

eng:

1) Without a timer patch, the timer does not work at all in the windows kernel, the consequences depend on the specific program and the driver that wants to use it

2) the intelppm patch gives energy saving when the processor has nothing to do, if there is a supercluster, it is not mandatory, but desirable, it heats up less, it will work longer

3) In the device manager, turn on the disabled devices viewing mode, then click on all devices until you find a mention on the "resources" tab that these resources conflict with another XXX device. If you immediately have information that XXX conflicts with YYY, then just close the "resources" tab

Edited by Mov AX, 0xDEAD

On 2/1/2023 at 10:06 PM, Dietmar said:

@un user

Here is the XP SP3 acpi.sys version with OS fakes from 21 December. This is the one that Ramsey uses with its *.pdb.

Without OS fakes I can do later, I need to save the files in whole folder Acpi with all new entries before I can do this

Dietmar

https://ufile.io/hfxc70iv

Thanks Dietmar.

Unfortunately, this version does not work. Result is A5 bsod.

I have an Dell Inspiron 13 3000 with intel i3 6006u 2 Ghz.

The only variant wich is works somewhat is "acpifreeDelayXPSP3.7z" , i get empty desktop with mouse arrow and after that, restart.

11 hours ago, casdanic said:

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

вторая картинка ошибка Код 10
третья картинка ошибка Код 42

second picture is code 10 error
third picture is code 42 error

I think this is not ACPI issue because DM shows PCI-PCI Bridge<->VGA confilct including IO and MEM range

PCI bridge resources are dynamic and incorporate resources from all childs, in normal system DM always show VGA resources on PCI Bridge too, but in your case this is special, windows think this is error

@Mov AX, 0xDEAD

у меня есть вариант попробовать плату на б560 чипсете, может там этой проблемы не будет. Хотя , я думаю, что для работы это и не важно. к серверу монитор подключаться не будет.

I have an option to try the board on the b560 chipset, maybe there will not be this problem. Although, I think that for work it is not important. The monitor will not connect to the server.

I just notice, that the variant of hal.dll 5.2.3790.3959 (srv03_sp2_rtm.070216-1710) and its ntoskrnl.exe is very much different from XP SP3 version, because it has dependencies on

ExiReleaseFastMutex

ExiAcquireFastMutex

ExiTryToAcquireFastMutex

KiCheckForSListAddress

which the XP SP3 version does not have

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar

if I boot up a computer with a built-in video card and go through rdp, then there is no more conflict. but there is no picture on the monitor either. I don't even see the windows loading screen. that's it.

V-7NP35yqbA.jpg