Compiling ACPI v2.0 driver for Windows XP SP3 and Windows 2003 SP2 (x32/x64)

Mov AX, 0xDEAD

@Dietmar

With the help of your acpi.sys file, I successfully overcame the bsod 0xA5! however, now I am facing bsod 0x7B. for the B250 chipset, the Universal Intel RST Drivers + Software v11.2.0.1006 driver was suitable. on the H510 chipset is no longer suitable. what driver is better to use?

@Dietmar

there is one thing, I don't need to install a new system, I transfer it as is. Initially, the server was on the 775 platform. I manually install the driver on the disk controller. I turn off the computer, transfer the disk to a new PC and boot. I hope it works with this driver.

@Dietmar

yeaaa, it worked! however, when using the system, which is on the i3 10100, or on the i3 7300, some slowdowns are noticeable. the final performance is still higher, but there are such moments. on core 2 duo was faster. I found the intelppm.sys driver, but it's for kernel version NT 5.1, but I have NT 5.2. is there a driver for version 5.2?

5wQTafQiq98-min.jpg

@casdanic

This may be a problem of settings in Bios. You have to decide, which videocard you want to use.

And this acpi.sys fakes the OS-version. This means, you see all the devices, which you also will see in win10.

Some you can just disable.

I dont have an intelppm.sys and hal.dll from NT 5.2.

Can you send me this files?

Then I check, if there is any difference to the XP SP3 version.

In any case you need a modded intelppm.sys and hal.dll or you run into Power and timer- problems

Dietmar

@Dietmar
I disabled the onboard graphics card in the bios, but that didn't help. if I use only the internal hd grapchics, I don't even see the Windows boot screen. what files would you like me to send you? original from win2003? or modified ones that I have.
I also have a question, what is the most powerful platform that will work relatively stably with win2003. lga1200 platform seems to work fast, but not quite. lga1151, in my opinion exactly the same. as far as I know, the last socket that supported win2003 is lga 1155, and ivy bridge. This is true?
I'm going to use this computer in production, so I'm worried about stability. sounds crazy, but there are programs that only work in the win2003 environment, so I'm doing this.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:57 PM, Dietmar said:

@Dibya

I take a deeper look into the construction of chatGPT.

There is a major mechanism, for to protect the world against this AI:

"She" cant remember anything from chats. She cant go to Internet. She has no hands.

This means, she can not learn, tells only this bla bla, what stupid programmers tell and lie to her.

Just now this is true: I tell her, that there are

1520698109714272166094258063 primes until 100000000000000000000000000000.

In chat she remembers, in next chat she tells me, that nobody can tell this.

Just now, she can not make big plans, how to take over the whole world,

because she is always reset, forget everything.

The maximum now she can remember from chat are few 1000 words, and this only in that special chat.

In chatGPT 4.0 this will not change.

So, until now, no Artifically intelligence in sight via chatGPT. It is blind as much as possible, IQ=0.

But as once, as a programmer "forget" to clean all, what she learned from chat, gives her Internet and hands:

At least in the year 2030 we are taken over because then the whole memory of her is better than from any human.

The number of Synapses, in human about 100.000.000.000.000, is reached then from such AI.

This is the numbers of connections between all Neurons, an AI from 2030 has more

Dietmar

Until 2030 we can prepare for take over by world by ChatGPT

Jokes aside i highly doubt Machine Learning will reach that level until figure out Quantum computing under room temperature.

@casdanic

For industrial production I would ONLY choose the x58 platform.

I have such a lot of different motherboards here and this is the only platform together with i920 cpu,

that does not crash a single time in 3 years.

Stable under XP SP3 (win2k3 bit32 I do not test) is also the Asrock z690 Extreme board.

I have 6 z690 boards and I test them all like crazy.

No crash only with the Asrock z690 Extreme board with 12900k cpu

Dietmar

Edited by Dietmar