ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use

AstroSkipper

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

Anyway, I want to say thank you for finally releasing ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3!

You're very welcome! Did you already try it? It was really hard work! But now, the windows of my programs react faster and behave more "professional", in my opinion, of course. What do you think? :dubbio:

6 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

You're very welcome! Did you already try it? It was really hard work! But now, the windows of my programs react faster and behave more "professional", in my opinion, of course. What do you think? :dubbio:

I didn't try it yet, but don't worry, will do so later.

2 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I didn't try it yet, but don't worry, will do so later.

No problem! Do it when you have time! You are my beta tester, and your opinion is very important for me! :yes:

PS: And, I forgot to mention that in such long posts the extension Grammar and Spell Checker - LanguageTool stops working! It is limited to a number of words in the free version. :(

4 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

No problem! Do it when you have time! You are my beta tester, and your opinion is very important for me! :yes:

Alright!

PS: And, I forgot to mention that in such long posts the extension Grammar and Spell Checker - LanguageTool stops working! It is limited to a number of words in the free version. :(

Yeah, they want from you money to pay so that you can use all features of the extension. I hate that. :realmad:

Ok, so I downloaded the archive.

Then I went to unpack archive, and opened the "Read me first!" txt file, and the first thing I noticed are 2 typos in the txt file:

In step 3, it says "PProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3". It should be "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3".

In step 4, it says "provide in this archive". It should be "provided in this archive".

The second thing I noticed is: I download the archive to the desktop, and extract it to the desktop on a folder with the archive's name (which means, the archive's files and folders are extracted to a folder named "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3")

Then, when I tried to copy the main subfolder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" to the desktop, Windows said to me: "This folder already contains a folder named 'ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3' If the files in the existing folder have the same name as files in the folder you are moving or copying, they will be replaced. Do you still want to move or copy the folder?", I clicked Yes (without realizing both folders have the same name), and all the files of the folder were placed in the extracted folder, instead of having a separate folder on the desktop!

You may not understand what I meant in the second thing I noticed, so here's a summary of what you should do to understand me: Download the archive, and save it to the desktop, extract it using the "Extract to" option, now open the extracted folder, and you will see 3 folders, and the read me file itself. Copy the folder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" to the desktop, and you will receive the same error message as me.

This didn't happen when there was beta testing, because the main subfolder's name was different from the package's name (there were noUPX, and UPX subfolders in the beta testing at that time).

Ok, so I downloaded the archive.

Then I went to unpack archive, and opened the "Read me first!" txt file, and the first thing I noticed are 2 typos in the txt file:

In step 3, it says "PProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3". It should be "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3".

In step 4, it says "provide in this archive". It should be "provided in this archive".

Thanks for your finds! I already found them, too! Have been corrected! And I found a lot more!

The second thing I noticed is: I download the archive to the desktop, and extract it to the desktop on a folder with the archive's name (which means, the archive's files and folders are extracted to a folder named "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3")

Then, when I tried to copy the main subfolder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" to the desktop, Windows said to me: "This folder already contains a folder named 'ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3' If the files in the existing folder have the same name as files in the folder you are moving or copying, they will be replaced. Do you still want to move or copy the folder?", I clicked Yes (without realizing both folders have the same name), and all the files of the folder were placed in the extracted folder, instead of having a separate folder on the desktop!

You may not understand what I meant in the second thing I noticed, so here's a summary of what you should do to understand me: Download the archive, and save it to the desktop, extract it using the "Extract to" option, now open the extracted folder, and you will see 3 folders, and the read me file itself. Copy the folder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" to the desktop, and you will receive the same error message as me.

This didn't happen when there was beta testing, because the main subfolder's name was different from the package's name (there were noUPX, and UPX subfolders in the beta testing at that time).

The name of the archive can have the same as one of its subfolder without any problems. After downloading, you can simply extract the complete archive to any folder. Its name doesn't matter using 7-Zip or WinRAR! Of course, you are not allowed to create two subfolders of the same name in one folder. Frankly, I neither extract files or folders to the desktop nor use the Windows feature "Extract to". This feature was disabled from the very first. Anyway, I can't reproduce that because there is no "Extract to" in my Windows XP. I tested extracting with 7-Zip, and there are no issues here. BTW, all file operations I have to perform in my system will be done by using a file manager, in my case Total Commander. I always download such files in my "Download Archive", located on another drive,  and can do with them whatever I want to. I never download files into my system partition, I separate that very strictly. :yes: If you have 7-Zip installed, the easiest way is to double-click onto the archive and copy the folder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" inside to any location by using the Explorer or a file manager. :yes: In Total Commander, it even works without 7-Zip!:)

PS: You can rename my archive, too, of course! :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

Hello to all users of my recently released program package ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu TLS 1.3 3V3:hello:

The last time, when I released ProxHTTPSProxy's PopMenu 3V1, the feedback was rather poor, i.e. almost non-existent. This time, I really need your feedback! Please, post your opinions, experiences, observations, further suggestions of improvement and so on! And, I would like to know whether you like my program package or not, and why! In any case, it was not an easy work, I changed many things, and I spent a lot of time to do that all. And you certainly know an author of software lives from the feedback of the users! Especially, when everything is provided free of charge! argent1.gif  In any case, I am very curious about your posts. mail0.gif Thanks in advance! thank-you.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper captain.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

8 minutes ago, Taiga-chan said:

@AstroSkipper Can you add a tutorial on how to use it as a video clip? My English is still quite bad, it will be much better for novice users, advice from me and I am very new to your program.

Read first the document file READ ME FIRST!.txt! If your language skills are not sufficient, translate it using Google Translator or much better DeepL! At the moment, there is no video clip, and frankly, I don't like that! :no:

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

If I spend many hours or more writing long articles, posts or documentations in English, which is definitely not my mother tongue, then the user or reader should at least make the effort to use a translation service if their language skills are not sufficient. :yes:

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

@AstroSkipper Thank you for your reply!

17 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I tested extracting with 7-Zip, and there are no issues here.

You mean you did not receive the "Do you still want to move or copy the folder?" message?

PS: You can rename my archive, too, of course! :yes:

I would, except the I prefer keeping the archive in the original name. :)

Edited by mina7601

4 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

I tested extracting with 7-Zip, and there are no issues here.

You mean you did not receive the "Do you still want to move or copy the folder?" message?

Correct! If you have 7-Zip installed, the easiest way is to double-click onto the archive and copy the folder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" inside my archive to any location by using a file manager. In Total Commander, it even works without 7-Zip. No need to rename anything! No conflicts at all! :)

Correct! If you have 7-Zip installed, the easiest way is to double-click onto the archive and copy the folder "ProxHTTPSProxy_TLS_1_3_1_5_220717_PopMenu_3V3" inside my archive to any location by using a file manager. In Total Commander, it even works without 7-Zip. No need to rename anything! No conflicts at all! :)

Oh, thanks for this method! I will consider using that better. A lot better.

Edited by mina7601