Jump to content

How to install 2 vmware workstations on one pc?


Jaguarek62
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I want to have vmware workstation 10/12 (I don't know which of them I will need) alongside vmware workstation 16. Is that somehow possible?

Edited by Jaguarek62
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jaguarek62 changed the title to How to install 2 vmware workstations on one pc?
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same question. The thing is that Windows XP and 2000 require an older VMware to get rid of the sound distortion sometimes. But apparently we can't install multiple vmware versions in the same OS, we would need another Windows installation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

You could try changing the hardware version if that gives you problems, But...

On 5/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, RayZen said:

Doesn't seem to be possible, as it causes a conflict in services that VMware Workstation uses.

So you would have to use Virtualbox to install VMware (As VMware has a anti-vm check for it's own software even if you don't install VMware Tools) But this will cause a lot of lag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nerdulater said:

So you would have to use Virtualbox to install VMware

You should also be able to run VMware Workstation inside VMware Workstation, there may be a warning, but it should run a VM afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 8:32 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Hi,

I want to have vmware workstation 10/12 (I don't know which of them I will need) alongside vmware workstation 16. Is that somehow possible?

U could use hardware compatibility from vmware workstation itself?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, LonghornXP said:

U could use hardware compatibility from vmware workstation itself?

Unfortunately this does not work as intended. For example vista is still buggy under vmware 16

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my case, I wish to run XP/Vista/2000 inside Windows 10/11. The issue here, is that XP don't run properly in VMware 11 or newer, the sound is very buggy there. So, I planned to make a dualboot between Windows 7 and Windows 10/11 and run old VMware inside Windows 7/8.1. However, there's no guarantee that Windows 7 in a dual boot will work properly due to unsupported hardware. So, I use my old Toshiba for such vms, it has a Windows Vista system with VMware 10. But, about the other PC, I'm wondering if I should install Windows 7 inside Virtual Box, and run there the XP VM using VMware. Or maybe try to install Windows 7 in vmware and run XP inside Virtual PC 2007.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

In my case, I wish to run XP/Vista/2000 inside Windows 10/11. The issue here, is that XP don't run properly in VMware 11 or newer, the sound is very buggy there. So, I planned to make a dualboot between Windows 7 and Windows 10/11 and run old VMware inside Windows 7/8.1. However, there's no guarantee that Windows 7 in a dual boot will work properly due to unsupported hardware. So, I use my old Toshiba for such vms, it has a Windows Vista system with VMware 10. But, about the other PC, I'm wondering if I should install Windows 7 inside Virtual Box, and run there the XP VM using VMware. Or maybe try to install Windows 7 in vmware and run XP inside Virtual PC 2007.

I'm pretty sure that Windows 11 x64 can't install VPC 2007. Windows 8.1/10 may work as shown on this website:

http://www.win3x.org/win3board/viewtopic.php?t=19227

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...