Introduction

704Mainman

Hello all. Of course my user name is 704Mainman. I live in Greenville,SC and could be considered a "novice" when it comes to many areas involving Windows XP. Ah heck, Windows 7 and Windows 10 for that matter. Anyway, I know Microsoft has ceased support for Windows XP way back in 2014. Yet, I still like Windows XP and continue to use it although the issues I am presently experiencing have become a real hassle. As of the present, many of the video clips I attempt to play come with the caveat, "No compatible source was found for this media." And believe me, this is a bummer.

I am 73 years old thus my computer skills has waned somewhat. Therefore, it my hope that with the knowledge the individuals on this forum possess I will be able to take away the knowledge each of you possess and discover adequate solutions to my issues.

Welcome to MSFN :)

Great to have you here. I hope find what your looking for, and I'd bet there in certainly something we can learn from your experience and knowledge; as well.

I had family in Greenville at one time, and I enjoyed visiting several times when I was (way) younger. I'll soon be 48.

*Waves hello* from up here in NE USA

PS - Its a winter wonderland up here today!!

Edited by XPerceniol

10 hours ago, 704Mainman said:

Hello all. Of course my user name is 704Mainman. I live in Greenville,SC and could be considered a "novice" when it comes to many areas involving Windows XP. Ah heck, Windows 7 and Windows 10 for that matter. Anyway, I know Microsoft has ceased support for Windows XP way back in 2014. Yet, I still like Windows XP and continue to use it although the issues I am presently experiencing have become a real hassle. As of the present, many of the video clips I attempt to play come with the caveat, "No compatible source was found for this media." And believe me, this is a bummer.

I am 73 years old thus my computer skills has waned somewhat. Therefore, it my hope that with the knowledge the individuals on this forum possess I will be able to take away the knowledge each of you possess and discover adequate solutions to my issues.

Warmest greetings from Europe ! Have you ever tried VLC player ? It works on XP and plays videos just fine , also free and without ads ! 

The link to the official version that plays all newest formats.

https://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/3.0.5/win32/vlc-3.0.5-win32.exe

Older version with more beautiful , high quality buttons / controls. , this one I had tried with XP myself

https://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.2.4/win32/vlc-2.2.4-win32.exe