Clean install of Vista

Jaguarek62

I finally got to reinstalling my Vista copy. Something broke during my extended kernel testing and my installation is really unstable. 

My questions are:

1) How to update vista up until the EOL (2017) (Most preferably automatically so I don't have to click on 100 msu files)

2) I've seen a lot of complaints about .net. Is it working fine without WU servers?

3) What browser is most functional on Vista with extended kernel? (chrome 86/Firefox etc..)

6 hours ago, Jaguarek62 said:

1) How to update vista up until the EOL (2017) (Most preferably automatically so I don't have to click on 100 msu files)

use dism++

you should update until eol before trying to "install" the extended kernel

2) I've seen a lot of complaints about .net. Is it working fine without WU servers?

it should be working

3) What browser is most functional on Vista with extended kernel? (chrome 86/Firefox etc..)

i don't know but you can try both and use them for a while then see what the differences are and who does the job better

On 10/28/2020 at 1:02 PM, Jaguarek62 said:

Firefox tends to work more reliably from what I can tell. Besides, real ESR versions actually exist for it unlike Chrome, and I'd prefer not to support the Chrome monopoly regardless.