Any decent discord client for vista?

windowsvistadude512

Welcome to MSFN. Discord does not support Vista, but you might still be able to use the web version with certain browsers and user agents as discussed in the old thread web version of discord doesn’t work. If you prefer Chromium-based browsers, Discord is more likely to work well with Yandex 17 than with Chrome 49. I don’t use it myself though.

Edit: Assuming vanilla Vista of course.

Edited by Vistapocalypse

3 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Welcome to MSFN. Discord does not support Vista, but you might still be able to use the web version with certain browsers and user agents as discussed in the old thread web version of discord doesn’t work. If you prefer Chromium-based browsers, Discord is more likely to work well with Yandex 17 than with Chrome 49. I don’t use it myself though.

I use Firefox 68.10 and it doesn't display some letters/numbers correctly, laugh out loud.

4 hours ago, win32 said:

Electron-based Discord? Sure, though not the official one at present due to being 32 bit, and I'm unaware of any circulating out there.

Though this should work to make your own:

https://github.com/jiahaog/nativefier

...and you will need the extended kernel of course!

nodejs doesn't install, i have windows 7 dualbooted so i can built it on windows 7

Any recent Chrome on the extended kernel should work in theory. Firefox tends to be flaky due to Discord being one of those modern abominations of a platform only tested in Google Chrome on a 16GB+ RAM monster PC and nothing else before anything's rolled to the public.

Kinda like a certain OS in that regard, hey.