Beating a long dead horse

pulteny

Hi all hope I have posted in correct area,

As just about every one has abandoned xp I find some programs new versions will not run and I am left with running older ones.Ccleaner is the latest.

When I ran Win 9x there is a up grade "KernelEx" that extended its use on newer stuff.

Has any expert written a similar extension for XP?

Thank's  JM.

9 hours ago, pulteny said:

Hi all hope I have posted in correct area,

As just about every one has abandoned xp I find some programs new versions will not run and I am left with running older ones.Ccleaner is the latest.

When I ran Win 9x there is a up grade "KernelEx" that extended its use on newer stuff.

Has any expert written a similar extension for XP?

Thank's  JM.

FAQ:

- Yes, it's called One Core API and it's based on a modded kernel with many more backported instructions and APIs and it's developed by Samuel (Samuka/Skulltrail) along with a series of people. If you wanna know more you can search "Windows XP Forever" on Skype, it's a group where we coordinate our job to develop it. You'll find many people from this community, including (me FranceBB of course), @Dibya, Peter, barcode, @DoaJC_Blogger and many others who have made other contributions to this community during the last few years.

- No, I cannot link it otherwise @dencorso will ban everyone xD

But you can definitely search on Google "one core api binaries" and click on the first GitHub link by Skulltrail192 and click "Download" (top right) and then start by installing the Base installer.

Please make a backup before you install it (not a restore point but a proper backup) and consider that as a beta, so it may or may not be stable as it's still a work in progress.

And please remember that MSFN has nothing to do with this, it does not advice anyone of installing third-party software and is not responsible for any of the suggestions given here about One Core API.

Edited by FranceBB