List of unsupported feature by/for Windows XP

TuMaGoNx

On 9/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, -SnooPY- said:

I am sorry for possible offtopic, but somebody can explain how to use the Common Controls 6.0 and, respectively, Visual Styles in Windows XP?

Using classic theme means you're explicitly disabling usage of visual styles. Also application in question must have directive in its manifest to use version 6.0 of ComCtl32.dll library, see this (already taken care of in μTorrent).

On 9/28/2019 at 1:53 PM, -SnooPY- said:

For example, in uTorrent 3.5.5 under XP standard ListView control is as follows:

MtqI9TP0_t.jpg

It's not related to visual styles as it looks OK in Windows 7 with classic theme and also doesn't look correct with XP's default Luna theme. There's something off about combination of overriding user-set color for selected item and Windows XP I guess.

Edited by UCyborg

On 9/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, UCyborg said:

It's not related to visual styles as it looks OK in Windows 7 with classic theme and also doesn't look correct with XP's default Luna theme.

I think the reason is that SysListView32 contains editable cell ( "Name"). There are many examples to change the background color of the cells for a simple ListView, but I could not find a working example to change the background color of the editable cells. I even want to write a small wrapper, but I still could not figure out what different ComCtl32.dll in Windows XP and Windows 7/8/10 (both have version 6.0). If someone here has the re-engineering skills and can help determine which functions are missing or otherwise implemented in XP, I would be very grateful for your help.

• 4 weeks later...