Web version of discord doesn´t work

Jaguarek62

On 8/25/2020 at 6:23 AM, ThomasW said:

While I still don't understand why something known as a "Site-Specific-User-Agent-Override (SSUAO)" begins with "general.useragent.override", but regardless, as of now, I am happy to confirm that this trick also works in Feodor2's Centaury! (build of Basilisk Web browser for Windows XP)

I imagine it's because of how about:config's naming scheme is set up - General Settings > User Agents > Overrides > [insert site here]

Do be aware some sites may try to block you purely for the Windows NT 5.1/2/6.0 portion of the user agent string, this is usually due to ancient scraper bots using old 2008-era browser agents.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think if we ever make a chat room for anything like the extended kernel project for instance, best bet would be do it on an IRC server rather than Discord.

Less likely to end up seeing random id*** joining the chat who don't really care for talking any sense; it's not under a frighteningly increasingly monopolising duoculture killing off the whole idea of independent communities along with Reddit, and best of all IRC works really easily on any OS, same with a simple message board or wiki for these types of things.

Kinda unrelated I guess, though I was making a point especially if @win32 sees this for instance.