Offline Messenger for MSN!

psyko

Have you ever wondered why MSN doesn't have Offline Messaging like Yahoo does? Did you wish that one day Microsoft would put Offline Messaging in their client? Well, the wait is over! Maverick and I have teamed up and created Offline Messenger! You can send messages to any offline buddy, and even check your own messages after you've signed back in. If you want to add this function to your MSN experience, please add offmess@hotmail.com to your list, and start enjoying Offline Messaging today!

Future upgrades planned:

*Automatic notification of messages

*If your buddy doesn't have Offline Messenger on their list when they get sent a message, it will send them an add request

If you need extra help, please visit these links:

Offline Messenger Official Forum

Offline Messenger FAQs Page

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm planning on adding auto notifications and few other things that will make it way better than what it is now! :) And CDog, yeah, that would suck so bad if Microsoft did, but I highly doubt they would. You know how stingy Microsoft is! :rolleyes:

Edited by psyko

Thanks for the comments everyone!  I'm planning on adding auto notifications and few other things that will make it way better than what it is now! :D  And CDog, yeah, that would suck so bad if Microsoft did, but I highly doubt they would.  You know how stingy Microsoft is!  :D

Sue them if they do! :) For, say, a couple million or billion, and then split it with us! :rolleyes:

actually i would be happy if microsoft implements them... i can c how many people requested this kinda feature in MSN Messenger or any addon on all forums and if microsoft implemented it, then u can c that they have started to care about what their users want as a feature... altho i believe the only reason they did not implement it so far is because they dont want MSN Messenger services to become like ICQ and Yahoo where u get spam messages from all these lame people out there.

anyway:

Auto notification is implemented and me and psyko are working on adding people when they have offline messages so they can know about these messages :rolleyes:

we will keep you up to date :)

Maverick

Good news everyone! Maverick has just finished implementing auto notifications and auto adding. What this means is if you send a message to somebody and they don't have Offline Messenger on their contact list, then it will automatically add it to it's list, request to be added on their list, and then send them a notification that they have a message. Also, if you change your status from say Away to Online, or Offline to Online, you will be notified the second you receieve a message automatically! :) Any more suggestions or comments, please leave them here! :rolleyes:

that's awesome!

sell your idea to MS :) but b4 that copyright it :D

i love the feature on icq and aim, it would be so great when msn has one

but msn needs so much improvement.

for example i've 5 catagories i've my contacts under.

now its a huge list and i see everyone, i mean even the offline ppl. what good use does it give me to see the offline ppl? if i want to message to their msn or to mobile phone i'd do it other ways.

i'd love to hide the offline contacts when i have groups on.

anyways i'm using trillian :rolleyes: it has that feature. now could this be implemented on trillian as well, with a plugin?

also i cannot access these pages u provided...

Offline Messenger Official Forum

Offline Messenger FAQs Page

would only adding offmess@hotmail.com work?

i mean i couldn't look at the details since the webpages don't work

also the images (your avatar and sig doesn't work????)

i think server is down right now

anyway

to use offline mesenger just add the bot and using right commands u can use its functionality

\menu to show main menu

\sendmsg <email> <youmsg>

\checkmsgs tells u how many messages u got

\viewmsgs shows all messags u got

offmess@hotmail.com is also down atm but i finished coding everything and it will be up as soon as the server comes back again :)

Thank you for all your comments! My server was down last night (IP changed and I had to update DNS), therefore, I lost connectivity to the Internet. Anyways, Offline Messenger 1.5 has been tested and going to be released tonight! The new features are:

Auto Notification - It automatically notifies you if you receive a message from Offline Messenger

Auto Adding - If your contact doesn't have Offline Messenger on their contact list, then it will send them an add request!

Flood Protection - So, then they can get their messages when they get online! Flood control has been enabled to 45 seconds. Therefore, you have to wait 45 seconds before you can send another message.

Other improvements have been added, and I hope it will continue to enhance the Offline Messenger experience for you all! :)

<edit>Thanks to Maverick for his assistance with providing Auto Notifications and Auto Adding to Offline Messenger! :rolleyes:</edit>