[1.4.5] Title Bars color problem

nypox

Hi! I'm using windows 8.1 and yesterday I installed version 1.4.5. Everything works fine, except for changing the color of the window titles. If I choose white, some programs change it, and some do not (explorer, wordpad).
I could not find an instruction to fix this problem through a search. How can I fix this on my version without reinstalling it?
eCJESzr.png

You need to modify your theme's .msstyles file, the path to stock one is "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aero.msstyles". Make a copy of that file, name it something else, eg. aero2.msstyles. Download and run msstyleEditor and use it to open aero2.msstyles, navigate to Window->CAPTION, change TEXTCOLOR property on the right to the desired color and save the file.

Afterwards, you need to modify your current .theme file with a text editor to point to the new .msstyles file, it is likely located in "C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes". Then the Personalization settings from Control Panel can be used to reload the theme with new settings. Your system must be patched to accept unsigned themes, otherwise it won't work. There are couple of options in that department, that topic has been beaten to death here and in other places, so I'll leave you on your own with this one.

Edited by UCyborg

Somewhere here I saw a post in which the fix was carried out by replacing some files of the program. The explorer began to change the color of the title and supports the glow. I think that there is an easier way than changing the system theme.

I don't know, the only thing I remember was having UxTSB DLL injected into every process via AppInit_DLLs method. This way, you could have the atlas image glow in captions of those windows. But this method has side effects: inability to open .deskthemepack files, colorization being applied to applications' texts other than the caption text and even causing access violation errors in some cases.

So that's why I simply use modified theme and have my caption texts set to use composited glow rather than atlas image glow for consistent appearance. You need to edit TEXTGLOWSIZE and GLOWINTENSITY properties to enable glow on applications rendering caption text on their own. The default values of those settings on Windows 7 are 12 and 305.

• 2 weeks later...