Windows NT 4.0 api wrapper

2 minutes ago, Dibya said:

Any one has all updates released for nt4 after sp6a?  

I don't know. BTW the project is still alive, I haven't done much this summer but now I have came back from holiday, I will work on it again :)

On 2017年9月19日 at 4:32 PM, junior600 said:

I don't know. BTW the project is still alive, I haven't done much this summer but now I have came back from holiday, I will work on it again :)

Glad to see the project is still alive :)

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2017 at 4:32 PM, junior600 said:

So you made some progress on it, how can you wrap GetGlyphIndices? Does your wrapper work without uniscribe?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Dibya said:

When it will be released ?

Well, I don't know yet because there are tons of new functions to add and moreover a lot of nt 4.0 functions are quite old and they need to get updated. I have made some progress but it takes a while (I'm a bit busy at work lately, so the project has slowed... after the Christmas holiday I will be back to the project :) ). As soon as I will able to get something work, I will update this topic :)

Edited by junior600

• 3 weeks later...

NEWS. the project is alive and I have managed to get some new browsers to work, even if I had to edited something to the pe file. Now it works (even if a little buggy): k-meleon by roytam (they work even video at 1080p on youtube but there is no audio), palemoon by roytam, seamonkey 2.33.1 and firefox 36.0... I decided to rewrite all and add the apis into the original dlls using code caves (no more api wrappers). I will release the first release in a month,  for now I post some images:

TBb277V.png

Dghm1UK.png

ClffIdw.png

Edited by junior600

13 hours ago, junior600 said:

NEWS. the project is alive and I have managed to get some new browsers to work, even if I had to edited something to the pe file. Now it works (even if a little buggy): k-meleon by roytam (they work even video at 1080p on youtube but there is no audio), palemoon by roytam, seamonkey 2.33.1 and firefox 36.0... I decided to rewrite all and add the apis into the original dlls using code caves (no more api wrappers). I will release the first release in a month,  for now I post some images:

TBb277V.png

Dghm1UK.png

ClffIdw.png

So if it doesn't forward API back to system's DLL(i.e. you do all the job), then you have to deal with font-linking which exists in Far-East(Chinese/Japanese/Korean) editions of NT only for falling back non-exist glyph(in bitmap/vector fonts) to system DBCS(double byte character systems) fonts(and/or character encodings).

1 hour ago, roytam1 said:

So if it doesn't forward API back to system's DLL(i.e. you do all the job), then you have to deal with font-linking which exists in Far-East(Chinese/Japanese/Korean) editions of NT only for falling back non-exist glyph(in bitmap/vector fonts) to system DBCS(double byte character systems) fonts(and/or character encodings).

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I will see how to deal with it. xD

• 2 weeks later...

this is very interesting, i thought 98SE was nice with kernelex, but after seeing this api wrapper project, it makes it seem like nt 4.0 is even "better". i wish there was a similar project in windows 95 and i've tried voicing this out before, since there is so much that can be improved in windows 95 such as newer web browsers with better compatibility, wpa2 support, etc, i mean, imagine a wpa2 client that worked on windows 95 and custom network drivers for certain wifi cards that allowed connecting them to wpa2 networks. sorry if i went a little off the topic but i thought it may have been nice to mention and somewhat relevant. 

On 9/19/2017 at 1:27 AM, Dibya said:

Any one has all updates released for nt4 after sp6a?  

i had made my own personal update checklist for nt 4.0 a while back, i've collected most updates, were there any in specific you wanted information on or just wanted like a list in general? since my checklist was made in a specific order to work ( mostly from earliest to latest dates ), you might have to follow it exactly the way i do, meaning, you might have to install windows 2.0 restributable before "q314147i". 

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, piotrhn said:

What progress with you extension, Can we expect release in JUNE?

Yes, now with the summer, I have free time to work on it. Within the end of June, first of July, I will release it. I'm also working to get new drivers to work on it, it is one reason because it takes time. :) There are still new software that don't start, like XP, so have patience people, I will release it.

Edited by junior600

I finally managed to get also new versions of Basilisk work on windows NT 4.0 with my kernelex,  now they work new versions of firefox too (up to 52.0 for now). The first release of my kernelex will be on the first term of  July. Be patient, I'm working hard to get newer software and drivers working on it :)

gaaYvnV.png

• 2 weeks later...